|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 2, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Contract |
- To drive project personnel and on demand, other authorized people, in a safe, secure and reliable manner.
- To respect traffic regulations and the rules of the United Nations on driving in the country of the assignment.
- To daily and regularly inspect the condition of the project vehicles. To arrange for the regular professional service maintenance and repair of the UNIDO vehicles. This includes maintaining a high-level of cleanliness and ensuring that oil, water, battery, brakes and tyre all meet the authorized safety regulations.
- To log all official travel, daily mileage, gas consumption and oil changes, in an official form.
- To searches and identify the lowest cost and most reliable source of high quality spare parts and service shops, in order to facilitate the purchasing of theparts.
- To ensure the security and guard the projectvehicles.
- To ensure that immediate steps, as required by rules and regulations, are taken in case of involvement in anaccident.
- To deliver and collect official mail and other documents as required, ensuring that all deliveries and collections are made in a timely manner.
- To meet official personnel at the airport.
- To facilitate immigration and customs formalities.
- To carry out clerical and administrative assignments as requested.
- To maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality in performing clerical and logistical support services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education:Completed secondary education or equivalent.Driver’s training with a valid driver’ slicense.
Languages:Fluency in written and oral English is required. Fluency or working knowledge of other official language(s) of the United Nations desirable.
Field of Expertise:Minimum of 1-3 years of work experience as adriver.Good/safe driving record.Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, and skills in minor vehicle repair.Good knowledge of the area and up-to-date information on current conditions of roads and highways.Proficiency in map reading and land navigation systems.Willingness to travel occasionally also to remoter locations outside of duty station.Understanding of office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment.Experience with providing clerical support.Experience with driving government officials, other UN staff, or diplomatic staff is an asset.
WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
Main Duty Station and Location:Ethiopia, (Hawassa and Addis Ababa)