|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking Drivers to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Drivers will work with the Office Manager to support program staff and transportation needs in Addis Ababa and other regions. The Drivers will need to be familiar with the city center and surrounding areas and be able to communicate effectively with program staff in English. This is a full- time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Maintain the vehicle and keep current on all vehicle maintenance such as refueling, tire pressure, etc., as well as conduct safety checks and vehicle logs.
- Operate vehicles according to all security and drivers’ manuals.
- Work with Office Manager and Operations Manager to support logistics team, program staff and any other need for transport in Addis and the regions.
- At least one year of experience as a driver for an international organization.
- Licensed driver with clean driving safety record.
- High-level of integrity, with ability to accomplish tasks independently and on time.
- Familiarity with local and regional routes.
- Ability to travel to multiple regions as required.
- Spoken English and Amharic required.
- Deep understanding of regional and local routes and rapidly changing security situations
- First aid certification.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.