|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Pharmacy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under immediate supervision of the designated supervisors, the incumbent manages the drugs and non-medical supplies store of MSIE; safely keeps the drugs, contraceptives, and consumable medical and non-medical supplies; receives and disposes with proper documentation all the items coming to or out of the store; prepares monthly report of drug consumption and purchase requirements; dispense medicines and contraceptives according to the directive of the nurse or the doctor.
- Takes responsibility for storage of /RH related pharmaceuticals storage and uses adopted procedures and standards in accordance with national policies and standards and ensures proper implementation
- Puts to use proper stock control, utilization, timely ordering and restocking of drugs, contraceptives, and consumable medical supplies
- Makes sure all medical and non-medical materials are stored in appropriate places away from rain, dust, pilferage and deterioration
- Issues the right kinds of supplies, contraceptives and medicaments according to the prescriptions given;
- Gives proper explanation and direction to clients on the type of contraceptives or medicaments issued;
- Alerts the supervisors that contraceptives and other medical supplies are utilized before their expiry dates;
- Ensures that all types of medicines and supplies are safely and properly kept and maintained;
- Prepares and submits stock reports as per the organization’s rules and regulations
- Prepares and disburses stocks in consultation with the concerned units and approval of the clinic manager
- Consolidates drugs, medical and non-medical supplies, and equipment annual purchase plan;
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned by the Project Co-ordinator
Diploma in pharmacy
Two years as Junior Druggist, in procurement, storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good Customer handling and awareness of quality care;
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of supplies;
- Awareness of MOH and donors guideline;
- Strong oral and written communication;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Support Office, Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!