|Location||Dollo Ado, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Temporary |
|Position Title||Enumerator - Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)|
|Duty Station||Dollo Ado, Ethiopia|
|Classification||Daily Contract (On-call bases)|
|Type of Appointment||Special Short-Term Daily Contract|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||18.02.21 to 24.02.2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context and Scope of the Position
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is a system to track and monitor population mobility. It is designed to regularly capture, process, and disseminate various layers of information to provide a better understanding of the evolving needs of a displaced population, on site or en route. Since 2012, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Special Liaison Office (SLO) in Addis Ababa works with the Government of Ethiopia and Humanitarian Partners to conduct internal displacement and returned IDP monitoring in multiple regions (Afar, Amhara, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Hareri, Oromia, Tigray, SNNPR, Somali and Sidama) of Ethiopia.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Programme Assistant, the Enumerator will be responsible of the following activities, according to the procedures and training provided by IOM:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assess displacements in sites and host communities collecting data according to IOM’s methodology and by identifying and engaging with key informants.
- Closely liaise with the DTM field Programme Assistants (FPAs) to address critical issues that may arise during the data collection.
- Identify reliable sources of information/key informants to collect relevant displacement data.
- Conduct DTM assessment at Zone, Woreda and Displaced Site and village level, according to the operation plan provided by immediate supervisor (DTM FPA);
- Assess the situation in collective centers, camp-like settings, host community and villages through direct observation, FGDs, KIIs, measurement and calculations and triangulate the information to facilitate its analysis.
- Ensure the quality of the information collected by providing input to verify and correct the questionnaire/form at the end of the interview/registration.
- If necessary, collect GPS points of the collective centers/displacement sites and returnee locations and infrastructures.
- Liaise with various humanitarian, governmental partners and the displaced community and returned IDPs in the field.
- Report daily on the activities conducted and the realities/issues encountered to the DTM Field Programme Assistant and make relevant recommendations.
- Respect IOM’s Data Protection Principles.
- Perform other duties as they might be assigned.
- Minimum BA Degree/ Diploma in Information Management System, Statistics and social science (Geography) and other related field of study
- At least two/four years of relevant work experience for Degree and Diploma holder respectively.
- Experience in conducting surveys and assessments in natural disaster situations
- Experience with International Organizations, INGO an advantage
- Knowledge of Camp Coordination and Camp Management settings appreciated
- Must be a national of Ethiopia.
- Knowledge of English and Amharic is required
- Working knowledge Somali or other local language is an advantage
Values and Competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT , till 24 February 2021 the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!