|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 27, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) is an Ethiopian civil society development organization that works with other organizations to promote, facilitate and build organizational capacity to make mainstream government and non-governmental service delivery and development programs accessible to, and inclusive of persons with disabilities.
ECDD and SYF are committed to a partnership wherein both organizations can mutually benefit from each other’s expertise, resources, and network. Within this framework, ECDD and SYF agree on how to collaborate on priority areas. This produced the concept of a joint investment in human resources to create a function that combines business development capacity, representation, and participation in crucial networks at the country level.
Currently, ECDD is looking for competent and qualified candidates for the position of ECDD Business Developer/SeeYou Foundation Country Representative.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The ECDD Business Development Manager/SYF Country Representative is based at ECDD Head Office, Addis Ababa will work under the direct supervision of the ECDD Program Director and the overall supervision of the Executive Director.
Key tasks to be fulfilled by this new function, and the level of effort required:
Program/Business Development (50%)
- Input to design new projects and innovation
- Identification of funding opportunities to match projects
- Proposal writing for funding opportunities
- Carrying out risk analysis, financial feasibility, partner assessments, etc.
- Support to meet donor and subsidy requirements.
Representation in (inter)national Networking (30%)
- Representation of SeeYou Foundation in Ethiopia;
- Participation in (inter) national meetings with donors, funders, companies, etc;
- Building up positive relationships and pre-consortium meetings with other relief and development partners;
Disability Inclusive Advisory Expertise (20%)
- Collect disability-based disaggregated data at the national level;
- Provide disability mainstreaming training to strategic partners;
- Provide technical support on disability inclusion for strategic partners and match them to ECDD/SYF projects;
Description of Specific Tasks
Specifically, the Business Developer/SYF Country Representative will:
1. Develop and implement organizational business development and fundraising strategy and processes and support the Senior Management Team in funding opportunities;
2. Scan for funding opportunities from foundations and institutional funding through intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources. Research, analyze, and maintain a regular register of donor calls for funding applications including tenders, expressions of interest, and requests for proposals;
3. Coordinate or conduct (rapid) needs assessments that include field visits as required in the process of proposal development;
4. Lead the development and writing of successful funding proposals and budgets; which includes leading or supporting proposal development teams across the organization, organizing pre-proposal strategy sessions (e.g. developing win themes, partnering assessments); working with technical, management, and finance leads on strategy; and ensuring that log frames, budgets, and activity and budget narrative texts are developed, reviewed and edited as per donor requirements;
5. Lead the development of project proposals and budgets submitted in partnership with other organizations where ECDD and SYF are either the primary applicant or a sub-grantee;
6. Represent ECDD’s and SYF business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks;
7. Work with ECDD’s and SYF’s Senior Management Teams to develop action plans for new business opportunities: Research and development of internal briefs on proactive concepts, topics, and issues related to new business development, converting ideas into sellable proposals and actively participate in identifying sources of support for such proposals;
8. Direct the development of the winning proposal and collect the relevant information required for proposal development including updating capability statements, descriptions of ECDD’s and SYF’s technical areas of expertise, program priorities, etc;
9. Devise a strategy to engage with potential donors, strategic partners, and other key stakeholders and devise sustainable potential partnerships to enhance opportunities;
10. Support, build and maintain strong relationships with donors and host country government representatives. This could include representing ECDD and SYF at meetings, conferences, and workshops, networking with other national and INGOs and partners as well as ensuring coordinated communication with donors and partner NGOs.
11. Support other partners with the coordination of disability inclusion and awareness learning and advocacy events;
12. Design and implement innovative tools that promote disability inclusion;
13. Keep up-to-date on relevant developments relating to disability inclusion in Ethiopia and globally;
14. Produce regular reports for the Senior Management Team of ECDD and SYF on business development performance analysis
15. Undertake such other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive directors and program directors of ECDD and SYF.
- Education: minimum Master’s degree in Sociology, international development, or related field of study;
- Professional experience: at least 6 years of substantive relevant experience in proposal development for multilateral or bilateral donors as well as field-level project work experience in a non-governmental organization;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities is required;
- Previous experience in developing disability-inclusive based projects;
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and teamwork in developing projects;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able and willing to travel frequently to the target areas of ECDD and/or SYF-funded projects;
- Competence in the use of computer applications;
Fluency in English and Amharic or other Ethiopian languages and Ethiopian Sign Language, is desirable.