|Location||Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Economic Security Generalist 1, 1 Year fixed contract based in Mekelle.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Structure (Mekelle) and with the technical support of an Economic Security Delegate (in his absence the Economic Security Coordinator), has the following responsibilities:
- In Mekelle SD, is the focal point for all EcoSec emergency response related to northern Ethiopia crises
- Participates in planning, implementation and monitoring of EcoSec emergency response interventions within the framework and in accordance with the objectives set in the emergency response.
- Conducts assessments and identifies adequate responses (in-kind distributions, cash-based interventions).
- Contributes to the understanding of the general economic security situation of ICRC target populations: displaced, refugees, families of missing, and the most vulnerable communities.
- Represents the ICRC in relevant meetings, seminars and workshops with other humanitarian organisations and local authorities.
- Ensures that institutional reports and other reports, are finalized timely and according to EcoSec standard reporting guidelines.
- Contributes to the various institutional internal reports (activity reports, weekly highlights, FTR, monthly statistics and quarterly EcoSec reports).
- Keeps information (general situation, security) up-to-date and shares it accordingly within the department and with other colleagues.
- Organize and conducts field trips as part of a team, or individually (autonomously).
- Establishes/maintains good relationships with the ERCS representatives in the field (branch secretary, volunteers, etc.), ensuring that the branch representatives are aware of ICRC’s presence, program and activities.
- Contributes to the ERCS branches’ capacity building in EcoSec activities, through training and coaching (e.g. data collection).
- Liaises with the support Departments (Logistics & Finance) for all matters related to the job and performs administrative tasks according to internal procedures (field trip, goods procurement, radio contacts, management of working advances and others) in a timely manner.
- Maintains a network of interlocutors in area of responsibility (members of the population, community leaders, local authorities, NGOs, etc.) and updates/shares a list of interlocutors regularly.
- Support the EcoSec Delegate during meetings with different interlocutors, when needed.
- Contributes to the weekly/monthly planning of EcoSec activities (HR planner).
- Collects data using standard data-collection tools and devices, performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis, interprets basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis and describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Conducts market assessments, interprets market information and uses it to determine response options.
- Identifies lessons learnt and good practices and ensures they are consistently applied to EcoSec programs
- Integrates best practice in terms of accountability to beneficiaries throughout the programme-cycle design.
- Contributes to organizing and delivering capacity-building activities.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- Upon request, participates in other EcoSec programs based on operational priorities.
- Professional degree in a development studies, Sociology, Economics, Agriculture or related fields.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English; knowledge of the local language(s).
- 2–3 years' experience in a similar field.
- Experience working for a NGO or international organization an asset
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Sub Delegation in Mekelle OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: June 25, 2021
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.