|Location||Nekempt, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Economic Security Generalist 1 (1 year fixed term contract), based in Nekempte.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to understand the general situation, context and humanitarian issues around projects in their area of responsibility (AoR).
- Participates in planning, implementation and monitoring of specific EcoSec projects i.e. emergency response with non-food items or cash; livelihood support through livestock, agricultural projects or income generating activities.
- Contributes to set up a plan of action for relief and livelihood intervention.
- Organizes field trips (material & logistics) and participates to field trips as part of a team, or individually.
- Performs required assessments (e.g. needs assessment, vulnerability assessment, agro-livestock assessment etc.) and reports on findings.
- Supervises ERCS volunteers during the assessment, distribution, monitoring (in the absence of their direct supervisor or superior EcoSec staff)
- Participates in beneficiary selection/verification, follow-up and implementation of activities, monitoring and evaluation of various EcoSec projects.
- Collects data, enters data into databases, performs basic analysis and provides reports according to procedures and timelines.
- Files all necessary EcoSec related documents (registration/distribution lists, copies of volunteer payment sheets, etc.) properly and duly.
- Contributes to various internal reports.
- Represents the ICRC in relevant meetings, seminar & workshop, at local level (in the absence of their direct supervisor or superior EcoSec staff).
- Translates institutional and non-institutional documents
- Performs administrative tasks according to internal procedures.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- Upon request, participates in other EcoSec programs based on operational priorities.
- University degree in Social Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies, Economics or other relevant discipline
- 3 years’ work experience in food security and/or cash programming
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Amharic and Oromifa
- Team leadership skills
- Very good analytical and communication skills
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR you can submit in Nekempte Sub delegation OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: June 24, 2021
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.