|Adama Town, Ethiopia
|November 30, 2022
Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA) would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the post of Economic Strengthening Officer for its USAID funded Family Focused HIV prevention care & treatment service project implemented by MENA in partnership with USAID/ISHDO.
ES Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating case achievement goals and benchmarks for target OVC and their families especially for ES intervention. S/he will be responsible for ensuring identification, assessment/reassessment of Caregivers’ to establish quality standards and procedures for different activities like Saving Group, for urban safety net program, linkage to different Micro enterprise offices and financial institution. S/he will support OVC families in terms of saving, micro enterprise activities’, Village Saving and Loan Association and economic security services within the case plan achievement benchmarks. Demonstrate ability to work effectively with local government, community/public health facilities, private sector entities and local community structures.
- Provide technical support for established saving groups (VSLAs) and youth saving groups.
- Provide technical support and follow up SSWs and ES Animators at each respective kebeles
- An interest in the wellbeing of children and in safeguarding and child protection matters.
Required Number: One / 1/
Reports to: OVC specialist
Terms of Employment: 9 months with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of fund
- A minimum of first Degree in Economics, Business Management, Business Administration, Community Development, and other related social science fields.
- A minimum of three years of experience with social development, health child protection, household, social protection, education, health and nutrition and HIV/AIDS care and support program, VSLA, Saving Groups, Financial capability, Micro Enterprise, Life Skill, Business Development Services and Experience with USAID funded PEPFAR OVC and or an HIV/AIDS program in Ethiopia is an added advantage.
Sex: Female or Male