|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Young Women’s Christian Association in Ethiopia is an affiliate member of World YWCA; an international voluntary membership movement that connects women leading social and economic change in over 120 countries. YWCA in Ethiopia was initially founded in 1962 and reestablished in 2000 then re-registered as an Ethiopian resident charity following proclamation 621/2009 and again re-registered with revised CSO 1113/2019 proclamation under FDRE CSO agency.
YWCA in Ethiopia seeks to improve the status of women and girls and empower through intervening on its core intervention focus areas; advancing gender equality, influencing governance and planning, socioeconomic empowerment, sexual and reproductive health, access to education, and young women leadership development. Currently, YWCA Ethiopia is looking to hire competent professionals. Therefore, YWCA Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to the Economic Strengthening Officer vacant positions.
Terms of Employment: - Contractual with the possibility of extension based on the availability of funds and performance appraisal.
Qualification and Experience: - Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Development Studies, Economics or any related field.
- Ability to manage and lead projects, work in collaboration with staff, stakeholders and partners and deliver desired changes.
- Sound technical and analytical skills to prepare the plan, implemented activities, and compile reports
- Demonstrated skill in tracking Young women saving groups and provide technical support to strengthen saving groups and link them with SACCOs or MFI
- Good understanding and application of rights-based, gender transformative, participatory, working in partnership; evidence-based advocacy in business
- Demonstrated understanding of the current business environment and practice particularly on SMEs and Informal business
- Capacity to provide business skill training, business development, and mentorship services for small business/informal business owners.
- Ability and flexibility to work in a team and work under pressure, work independently and self-initiator with minimal guide
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English and Amharic languages
- Training and knowledge in economic strengthening and empowerment activities for vulnerable young women and girls in the informal and small businesses.
- Ability to use MS Offices (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Interested applicants can send non-returnable copies of their CV and credentials and apply through the below email address firstname.lastname@example.org in 7 working days from the date of the announcement. For further information, please contact us on 0118880285 during office hours.
YWCA Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer
Young Women and Person’s with Disability are encouraged to apply