|Location||Assosa & all camps, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Education Coordinator is responsible for implementing the delegated Education project portfolio within Benishangul Gumuz and neighboring Amhara and Oromia regions managing the day-to-day activities of Education staff to ensure proper delivery, high quality results and compliance to applicable laws, standards, practices, policies and procedures in coordination with area manager and Education specialist
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the Education strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Education projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from the line manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular reports to the Area Manager and education specialist on project implementation
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Supervise the Education team, ensure their capacity building and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Provide the Area Manager with quality regular reports on project implementation, status, identified issues and activities to be shared with donors and ensure regular monitoring of project implementation using developed tools
- Oversee the delivery of agreed outputs and quality of the Education activities and work closely with the staff members to set and monitor objectives and work plans to ensure activities are implemented in accordance with overall project objectives
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of Education related documents
- Manage the performance of relevant Education staff, set objectives, monitor work plans, and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Provide project and area specific information to the Area Manager and education specialist for proposal development
- Conduct frequent field visits to learning centers and educational sites to ensure that services are delivered as per NRC standards and to collect feedbacks from beneficiaries, teachers, etc.
- Lead necessary assessments to identify gaps, assess areas of interventions with the and prepare situational report to Area manager and education specialist
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation plan is undertaken in a timely and effective manner in coordination with M&E unit.
- Manage the project budget, including the preparation, monitoring and updating of financial work plans, ensuring resources are managed effectively
- Ensure the Education database is updated with all beneficiaries’ information and validate consistency of data sets between the education database and NRC’s reporting system
- Ensure adherence to NRC procedures when recruiting teachers
- Manage the achievement of beneficiaries’ satisfaction through the effective delivery of projects
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience in the humanitarian sector in Beninshagul Gumuz is an asset
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities, carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor of Arts in Educational planning and management / education leadership, Pedagogy and Social Sciences
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian Education system and Benishangl Gumuz regional education context
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant job experience in education institution, education in emergency project, training and capacity building project, preferably within the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in implementing INEE standards, inclusive education and other core human train standards and good understanding in cluster core function
- Knowledge of relevant concepts of returnee and host community response in education in emergency. understanding of protection principles
- Experience establishing parents’ committees and working with a community based approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in working with government authorities and vulnerable beneficiaries
- Working experience with an INGO is an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic and Afan Oromo speaking
Behavioral & Personal Competencies:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment
- Pro-active, goal-oriented and results driven
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent communication skills.
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by April 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”