|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Education Specialist position is technical development of the NRC Education programme in Ethiopia, strategic direction and quality assurance. The Education Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training, and capacity building of staff on Education technical capacity.
- Develop the Education Core Competence (CC) strategy, technical guidance and Macro Logframe
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends, technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within the Education Programme, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from implementation of education projects, and incorporate them in the programme design and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donor
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop and implement education programming in camps and out-of-camp with the aim to promote durable solutions.
- Work closely with Emergency Response Manager in design of education in emergency response.
- Work closely with other CC Specialists to promote integrated programming and synergies.
- Contribute to innovation in education design and smart use of cash-based interventions in Education.
- Assist the Area Managers in the recruitment of the National Education staff.
- Promote community mobilization and ensure participatory approaches in project design and implementation.
- Carry out assessments for effective planning and implementation of education projects.
- Undertake and document quality control and of all Education activities – travel regularly to all implementation sites, identify challenges, solutions and implement quality improvement plans.
- Ensure a constructive co-operation with other NRC programs in neighbouring countries, Ministry of Education, ARRA, UNHCR, local authorities, other international and local NGOs.
- Liaise and coordinate with technical counterparts at the Ministry of education, ARRA, UNHCR and relevant authorities on the project follow-up and monitoring.
- Communicate with and obtain necessary agreements and understanding from local authorities in line with the NRC protocol for communication.
Professional Competencies for this position:
- At least 5 years of relevant field experience in international project-management, with technical expertise in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience in developing strategies and overseeing their delivery;
- Experience in Education program implementation at the field-level, and Education support function at national or regional level.
- Solid experience in Education program development, preferably from refugee/IDP situation in complex emergencies;
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff;
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts;
- Experience in coordination mechanisms on global, national and regional levels;
- Strong English written and oral communications skills including ability to write technical documents and give presentations to colleagues in and outside of NRC.
For more information, here is the detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Type of Contract: 12 months renewable based on funding and performance
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
Travel: 50% Field visits
This role is open to Ethiopian Nationals only!
To apply for this role. Please Click Here