|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 30, 2022|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Project design, implementation and reporting
Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning
- Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities in the program area.
- Oversee project implementation
- Prepare and develop in consultation with appropriate stakeholders annual work plans and project plans.
- Under the Country Lead leadership contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources, including review and check project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
- Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with the M&E team.
- Ensure quality and timely reporting and documenting of project activities including preparation of quarterly/yearly program progress reports;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of CP, Inclusion and DRR in your program area.
- As part of your responsibility support the ECCE key intervention area.
Policy engagement and networking
- Serve as a principal representative to regional education thematic networks and clusters to promote effective program implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, academic and research institutions and the media, in the area of education to draw information and knowledge for program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Makes follow up and proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to education.
Partnership development and strengthening
- Periodically collect information on information about other organizations working within the region to gain institution knowledge of the environment.
- In support of the regional manager, manage the partnership in a holistic and reciprocal manner.
- Make it their business to know about other reorganization in the region.
- Seeks opportunities for different kinds of partnership for enhanced quality program implementation.
- Provide support to partner staff, coaching for results and support to the education thematic area team as well as in their individual development and performance management.
- Facilitates communication and interaction between partners/collaborators and Program Unit finance team.