|Date Posted||April 16, 2020|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Education in Emergency Manager position is to lead the design and implementation of high quality Education in Emergency project activities in refugee camps and host communities in Gambella region of Ethiopia.
- Line management for education project staff in Gambella
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Gambella Area and Education CC strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant education projects.
- Coordinate and manage education project implementation activities, budget and project documentation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement education SoPs and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Programme Manager and the Education Specialist
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
The EiE Projects Manager will oversee project cycle management for all education projects in Gambella. The key responsibilities will include but not limited to;
1. Projects Design and Planning
- Conduct high quality multi sectoral needs assessments for the design of new education/integrated projects.
- In collaboration with the Area Programme Manager, Education Specialist and Area Manager develop quality proposal documents for new education projects.
- Work with the Education CC staff, VSO volunteer/s to prepare and update logical project implementation plans including but not limited to spending forecasts, work plans, procurement plans, recruitment plans and PCMs for all projects.
2. Projects Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide supportive supervision to the education team to ensure the implementation of timely and high quality EiE activities in the region.
- Assure the quality of instructional materials like curricular and text books used in the projects.
- Ensure that Teachers, PTAs and other education professionals are trained on prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) and child safeguarding in all NRC supported schools and learning centres.
- Conduct regular field visits to check the quality of implemented activities and take any corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensure that project documents are correctly completed, approved and archived both in soft and hard copies.
- Review BvAs and work with the Area Programme Manager and Finance Coordinator to make the required re-alignments in line with NRC and Donor regulations.
- Ensure that high quality project reports including weekly PCM tracker and donor reports among others are prepared and shared with the Area Programme Manager on time.
- Participate in regional education fora including the education cluster meetings and meetings convened by the Regional Education Bureau.
- Coordinate with other education stakeholders – UNICEF, UNHCR, ARRA and other INGOs implementing education projects in the region for integrated programming and avoidance of duplication.
- Work closely with the ICLA CC for the provision of registration documents to children to enable them enrol in school.
4. Strategy development
- Lead the development of education CC strategies for the Gambella Area Programme. Contribute to develop Macro Log frame, Local Indicators, Human Story
- As part of the Area Management Team (AMT), contribute towards the development of the Gambella Area strategies.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Master in Education or relevant pedagogical field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in an international humanitarian/recovery context in preferably in Africa.
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical education expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of implementing EiE interventions including AEP in refugee camps
- Experience of developing funding proposals and concept notes
- Experience of building the capacity of staff and other education professionals
Behavioral & Personal Competencies:
- Planning and delivering results.
- Working with people.
- Strategic thinking.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Adoptability and willing to work in fragile situation
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by April 30, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”