|Location||Bale, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provides leadership to school feeding staff and ensure compliance with school feeding standard operating procedures, organisational guidelines and policies.
· Line manage project staff (WASH and Education Officers) including providing capacity building, performance management, and direction on tasks
· Ensures compliance, including financial tracking and oversight of budgets, finance, administration and reporting.
· Coordinates relationships with key stakeholders for the smooth and efficient implementation of project activities and to create a culture of learning and cooperation among partners and project staff.
· Ensures community participation and local authorities in project processes, including safeguarding of beneficiaries at all stages of the implementation of the project.
· Conducts monitoring and supervision visits to the schools to ascertain programme quality and compliance with set standards.
· Produces and share periodic, monthly, end of term and annual reports to inform programme direction.
· Advises the Project Director of issues arising which affect the proper operation of the programme.
· Resolves issues based on advice provided.
· Liaises with schools, local government, local community leaders and other organisations to ensure the efficient implementation of the programme.
· Provides feedback on the lessons learned from the implementation of field activities and make recommendations for improvements as required.
· Assists in the processing of advance requests and follow on the retirement of such advances.
· Develops activity expenditure plan and communicate the same to the Project Director.
· Leads in the development of annual programme budget.
· Manages Human Resource related emerging issues including discipline of staff.
· Manages the performance of School Feeding staff.
· Organizes logistics components to ensure programme supplies are in adequate measures in schools at all times.
· Ensures that organization assets and equipment are taken care of and that staff are practising due diligence.
· Leads the periodic programme and budget revisions as required for area of implementation
· Ensures effective and efficient utilization of programme budget and other resources for the intended purpose.
· Ensures that plans are implemented as per agreed and approved budget.
Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance
· In coordination with MEAL Coordinator leads the field office to design results-based monitoring and evaluation process for the programme.
· Supports that the MEAL plan is implemented.
· Leads the planning and regular review of project implementation.
· Manages knowledge and experiences from the learning process and replicate good practices.
· Ensures the proper utilization and use of monitoring and evaluation systems are put in place.
Partner management and Capacity Building and Representation
· Ensures that partnerships are maintained and functioning properly as per signed contract agreement.
· Maintains regular communication and interaction with partners to facilitate and promote learning and information sharing.
· Provide technical support to partners in the course of project implementation.
Documentation and Learning
· Oversees the proper documentation of experiences and lessons (including pictures and video documentation) learned in the course of programme implementation.
· Leads the MEAL unit to organize and properly maintain database and information related to the programme.
· Facilitates and participate in studies and reviews related to the programme.
· Facilitates and ensure dissemination of information and study/reviews.
- Motivate staff under his/her supervision and build team spirit for effective working relationships
- Ensure that staff under supervision properly plan and organize their tasks (e.g. through monthly, quarterly and annual work plans).
- Ensure that job objectives are set and performances are evaluated timely and with the required quality for supervisees, hold one-to-one meeting and produce team report.
- Accountable for quality deliverables of the team through the provision of appropriate support
- Hold periodic meeting for regular update and addressing of issues.
· Facilitate and support the staff development under his/her supervision, including nurturing and coaching on specific issues.
· A minimum of first Degree in Development studies, Public Health, Nutrition, Education, Community Development. Master’s degree is preferred.
· Experience in project management (at least 8 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget management and donor reporting
· Knowledge of finance monitoring and follow up tools
· HR management in challenging environments
· Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
· Experience of delivering programs in tight deadlines
· Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever-changing security Scenarios
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en