|Location||Pugnido- Gambella, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Planning and Reporting:
§ Ensure increased access to safe and inclusive pre-primary learning environment for 3-6 years children in Pugnido refugee camp and surrounding host community areas.
§ Ensure the preparation of timely and quality weekly, monthly and annual project progress reports on the standard formats.
§ Lead the ECCE Centre/school annual plan preparation, regularly track student progress and compile reports at the respective camps and district level, and ensures timely submission for Gambella field office.
§ Conducts camp/centre based baseline assessment to identify gaps and pave the way for program effectiveness, in terms of equitable access for children, learning outcome and progress on major education project indicators.
§ Ensure ECCE centres &/ O classes are equipped with education materials, print rich corners and outdoor materials
§ Reports on gaps observed to program coordinator or technical program leads on time for proper collective remedial actions
Coordination and Management of Projects Implementation
§ Ensures education project is implemented in a way that is responsive to teachers, the community, and children and in line with Save the Children principles, values as well as country office strategic plan.
§ Ensures integration of ECCE and O class project activities with other relevant sectors like CP, WASH, Health, Nutrition and others.
§ Identify gaps and provide technical and capacity building support for all education stakeholders.
Supervision and Monitoring
supervision and monitoring system to measure achievement and progress toward the project objectives
and expected outcomes and impacts
technical support to incentive worker, ECCE facilitators/teachers ,supervisors and ECCE Centres/schools to improve their activity implementation quality
Staff Management and Mentorship
Perform any other activities based on line manager’s assignment
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in education, ECCE/D, social sciences and other related technical fields.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience preferable with NGOs especially in ECCE/education project in refugee and other emergency settings.
- Good knowledge and experience in Early Childhood Care and Education programing particularly in Gambella region.
- Willingness to live in a hardship area
- Team working and ability to work under pressure
- Good data management and computer skills (Microsoft word and excel).
- Good communication skills – in English, Amharic and local language.
- Good organisation and attention to detail
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en