|Location||Assosa town, BGRS Pharo Foundation Programme office, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Pharo Foundation (“the Foundation”) is a privately funded entrepreneurial organisation that runs philanthropic programmes as well as for-profit social enterprises. The Vision of the Foundation is an economically vibrant and inclusive Africa. The Mission is to achieve the Vision by investing in the human and physical capital of Africa, with an emphasis on job creation.
Established in 2011 as a UK based non-profit, the Foundation has already carried out more than 30 projects, primarily in Ethiopia and Somaliland. The key themes for the philanthropic side of the Foundation are education, health, water and agriculture. Social enterprises cover all areas where the Foundation feels an effective impact can be made with the aim of sustainability and job creation.
In Ethiopia, the Foundation carried out a range of developmental activities since its official registration as INGO in Nov 2016. With focus Benishangul-Gumuz region it has so far successfully implemented various projects. It embarked on a new extended five years program known as Social and Economic Empowerment Program (SEEP).
Contract type: Permanent
Report to: Education Coordinator
Under the guidance of the Education coordinator, the education officer is responsible for assisting, supporting and supervising the overall education program intervention in the program implementation areas through the development of timely planning, implementation and regular monitoring in working closely with all target woredas, schools and community members. She/he will provide technical assistance, support and guidance for community development facilitators and also facilitate and manage the education program operations. The education officer should work closely with the education program coordinator on all aspects of the project implementations. The position holder is expected to discharge the following key responsibilities:
Position Role & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate & ensure result based and quality program intervention at grass root level.
- Conduct baseline, case studies and assessment in the program areas to support successful program intervention.
- Monitor and supervise education development activities in the program areas target schools.
- Assist and follow up youth skill trainings in TVET institution where Pharo support the employment opportunity.
- Facilitate targeting, material distribution and maintain proper recording for materials distribution to targeted students and schools.
- Facilitate, organize & deliver trainings, workshops, seminars in different thematic areas for various segment of bodies ( education experts, school leaders, teachers, students & community members);
- Prepare and consolidate periodical technical support, provide update and timely narrative report of the activities performed and submit to immediate supervisor.
- Support and ensure data quality management of the education program implementation through keeping database related to the education activities and update regularly;
- Work closely with wordeda, schools and other local stakeholders to smoothen the implementation to program quality and sustainability; ·
- Identifying training needs of teachers, students and parents and prepare plan of action;
- Supervision and Training of school management committees in particular Parent-Teachers-Association;
- Collecting and compiling monthly reports from teachers, instructors and school Administrators and report submit to education coordinator;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Education, qualification, experience & competency
- University degree in education or Educational Planning and Management or related fields.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience out of which 2 years of NGO experience is required in a similar roles working collaboratively with government education system.
- The Education officer has experience to be aware of the regional education policies, strategies and ESDPs and particularly the primary education policy frameworks.
- A profound understanding and knowledge of access, equity and quality issues of ECCE, general education and TVET.
- Experience working in multi sectoral and integrated programs intervention.
- Strong program technical skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Experience working with the regional education bureau at regional, zonal and woreda levels.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent computer knowledge with MS-Word, MS-excel, power point etc.
- Full working knowledge of English and Amharic with good verbal and written communication skills is essential and preferable knowledge of local languages (Rutana)
Your CV should include:-
- A covering letter briefly outlining how you meet the key duties and responsibilities and the required qualities and skills for the position you are applying for (max. 400 words).
- A statement briefly summarizing how you would help in improving access to equity quality pre-primary and basic education in the context of BGRS rural areas like Menge and Homosha woredas (max. 700 words).
- Your current or last benefit package and expected benefit package for this position.
- Applications that do not fully meet the above listed requirements will NOT be assessed.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Note that to include the title of the position you are applying for in subject line.
- Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.
Submit in person to The Pharo Foundation BGRS Programme office located in Assosa town in front of the youth centre or send to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is Aug. 03/2020.
Applications that do not fully meet the above listed requirements will NOT be assessed.