|Location||Boarch woreda, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Planning and Reporting:
- Prepare annual and quarter plan in line with project design document and in collaboration with woreda/zone education office and ensure timely submission of project plan.
- Carry out close follow up and monitoring, collect data, prepare and submit project report timely
- Ensure that project reports incorporated the impacts of school feeding on children’s enrolment, retention and overall academic performance
- Make sure that monitoring data is disaggregated by gender, IDPs, CWDs and host community children who participated in pre and primary education and benefitted from school feeding.
Coordination and Management of Projects Implementation
· Work in close collaboration and coordination with woreda and zone education offices, school teachers, PTAs in matter related to safe return to school, student enrolment, school feeding, baseline assessment, project monitoring and evaluation
· Ensure that target children both boys and girls, CWDs and IDPs are equally participated in education services and school feeding program
· Strengthen inter sectoral integration that education, Wash and school feeding activities are well integrated and implemented accordingly
· Responsible that the GPE project is implemented in ways responsive to children, teachers and the community
· Ensure project implementation is in accordance with Save the Children strategies, values and donor compliance
§ Work with teachers, school principals and WEO office to make target schools are child friendly and are free from abuse and violence
- In close collaboration with the Project Manager and other support units (at Field Office level) , WEO and other government stakeholders, facilitate on time implementation of the project activities based on the action plan and ensure implementation quality
- Ensure active participation of children and other stakeholders in the project activities implementation
Supervision and Monitoring
- In collaboration with project manager and government stakeholders, maintain strong
supervision and monitoring system to measure achievement and progress toward the project objectives
and expected outcomes and impacts
- Conduct joint monitoring and supervision with relevant stakeholders such as WEO to identify project progress, gaps and challenges and to take immediate and appropriate actions towards improving project implementation quality.
- Strengthen participatory and collaborative supervision and monitoring system including active
participation of children
· Responsible to arrange and coordinate capacity building for relevant stakeholders such as teachers, WEO, PTAs and other community members on issues related to safe learning environment, gender sensitive approach, disability inclusion, child protection
- Arrange experience-sharing among schools and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that teachers have the required skills to deliver play based interactive teaching, gender sensitive and inclusive teaching and positive disciplining through training and coaching
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that WOE and parents are supported on distance/remote learning such as radio/TV and literacy and numeracy at home during COVID-19
§ Perform any other activities based on line manager’s assignment
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in Education and other social sciences
- Minimum of 4 years working experience preferable with NGOs especially in development and emergency education projects.
- Experience on school feeding program is an advantage
- Team working and ability to work under pressure.
- Computer skills (Microsoft word and excel).
- Good communication skills – in English and local language.
- Good organisation and attention to detail
Strong report writing skills
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en