|Location||Gureshombolla, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the WASH Officer–Public Health Promotion is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the CC Project. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Coordinate the education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans;
· Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements;
· Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities;
· Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans;
· Coordinate with relevant partners;
· Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures;
· Train and develop team;
· Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required;
· Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
· Identifying training needs of teachers/instructors and monitoring of them in the YEP Methodology;
· Supervision and Training of Centre Management Committee;
· Coordination of activities within and between YEP Centres and accelerated learning Centres;
· Collecting and compiling monthly reports from teachers, instructors and Centre Administrators;
· Supervises and directly monitors sales of skills end products and usage of petty cash;
· Assist in compiling the monthly report to be submitted to the AM;
· Liaison with relevant authorities and communities at field and sub office level;
· Identification and registration of learners (database);
· Updating learners’ and teachers’ data base;
· organizing and conducting training and monthly workshops and necessary in-service training for teachers, instructors and Centre leader;
· Supervision and monitoring of teachers, instructors and Centre leaders regularly with specific focus on the skills training instructors;
· Identifying and coordinating education /training centres’ logistic needs;
· Liaises with the Centre Management Committee (CMC) during follow up of learners and in mobilizing local resources to facilitate training;
· Conduct assessment to identify gaps and challenges in the implementation of programs and come up with improvement plans;
· Conduct performance management to supervises at least four times in a year;
· Carryout any additional tasks assigned by the line supervisors.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor of Arts in Education/ Pedagogy, education planning and management and other related filed of study
- Relevant Experience
- Five years’ experience from working as a project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience in EiE and primary education system is an advantage
- Fluent speaking and writing of English language and Amharic and
- Knowledge of Afan Oromo language is an asset
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working with INGO in a similar capacity will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the context in Benishangul Gumuz , and returnee areas
- Knowledge of the local language is an advantage
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by September 4, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”