|Location||Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Education Project Coordinator is responsible to manage the Education project in Jijiga Area under supervision of the Area Manager and in close collaboration with the other Core Competency leads and relevant support staff.
- In close collaboration and with the technical support of the Area Manager, expand, develop, coordinate and manage NRC’s education project in Jijiga
- Travel to all project areas in Somali Region conducting regular monitoring of the project
- Manage and monitor project finance and budgets. Maintain strong control on budgets, ensuring spending within available resources and in compliance with donor and NRC grant management guidelines
- Manage the project staff, providing on the job training as required to increase the capacity of the team
- Develop proposals for the maintenance and expansion of the education project.
- Produce timely quality project reports according to donor requirements and NRC M&E guidelines.
- Liaise with field Education authorities and stakeholders to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the program
- Represent NRC Education in Cluster and other education-related meetings in the field
- NRC Jijiga Education Focal person will
a. Represent NRC liaison with the concerned authorities, partners and communities at field level (Regional Government, local administration and other key stakeholders)
b. Manage and coordinate staff at the field level
c. Manage resources as per the authorization level
d. Assist core competences in the other field sites
- Any other tasks assigned by the Area Manager for the overall Management, Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation of the program.
- Produce regular weekly and monthly programmatic written reports
- Contribute to NRC strategic and programmatic planning including both global and national Education ambitions,
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- At least 5 years of experience within NGO’s within the Education sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education or related field
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluent speaker of Somali language
- Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Ethiopian administration systems, in particular the requirements of the Somali Region Government’s rules and regulations
- Experience of working with INGO in a similar capacity will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present complex technical information
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Managing performance and development
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by April 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”