|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Education / Teaching
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Education Project Coordinator is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the CC Coordinator position is to implement delegated CC project portfolio
- Line management of CC project field staff;
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps;
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of CC projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality;
- Provide regular progress reports to AM;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- In close collaboration with the Area Manager and with technical support of the Education Technical Specialist, expand, develop, manage and implement the NRC’s Education projects in Shire and all camps according to strategy, proposals and plans;
- Manage and monitor project finance and budget; maintain strong control on budgets ensuring spending within available resources and in compliance with donor and NRC grant management guidelines;
- Develop proposals for maintenance and expansion of education project. This includes taking lead and participating in actual Education and YEP designs, inception and implementation;
- Ensure the quality, direction and consistency of school capacity development, ALP/catch-up classes and YEP;
- In close collaboration with M&E Officer, ensures that lessons learnt and success stories from the programme are effectively documented and shared;
- Liaise with field education authorities and stake holders to ensure effective coordination, implementation, and monitoring of education programme;
- Represent NRC education in cluster and other education related meetings in the field;
- Initiate and oversee the recruitment of learners and teachers for ALP and YEP Centers
- Ensure that detailed annual work plans and budget for all ALP and YEP activities are prepared in a coordinated and timely manner.
Generic Professional competencies
- University degree in Education, Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum five years’ experience with the related field;
- Experience from working as an Education Project Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Local language
- Understanding of various donor’s requirement
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net or www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by August 10, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”