|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Contract |
All God’s Children International (AGCI) is non-governmental organization that implements orphan care in Ethiopia including education sponsorship program and reunification/reintegration program. AGCI intends to hire employees for the following positions on contract basis:
The Education Sponsorship and Communication Director is responsible for management and administration AGCI Ethiopia Sponsorship Program. He/She maintains collaborative relationships with other work units, government administration offices and the beneficiary communities. He/she coordinates the management of sponsorship component including verbal and written communications for donors’ inquiries about sponsored children basic data. The incumbent also manages communication with administration offices, local communities, and project beneficiary children.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall operation of education sponsorship in Addis Ababa, Tigray and Gambella as well as any other region to which AGCI may expand the education sponsorship program;
- In collaboration with the target woreda women and children offices in Addis Ababa, carries out selection of education sponsorship beneficiaries as per the criteria agreed with the government administration;
- Guides and follows up the selection of education sponsorship beneficiaries in Tigray and Gambella;
- Reviews the potential beneficiaries of AGCI education sponsorship program in Addis Ababa, Tigray and Gambella; conduct interviews and organize documents including current pictures of the sponsorship fund beneficiaries;
- Reviews intake data of new children admitted for AGCI education sponsorship program and upload the final date in the AGCI sponsorship database;
- Follows up sponsored and unsponsored children update woreda women and children office about newly sponsored children;
- In collaboration with Finance and Administration Director, distributes sponsorship fund to legitimate beneficiaries;
- Accountable for maintaining internal spreadsheets and databases containing donor and child personal and financial information.
- Follow up the family empowerment program through education sponsorship that includes savings by each sponsorship child/family for micro business or future education plan, and purchase of annual medical insurance for the child.
- Organize reports on specific event of sponsorship fund distribution; assess, identify and report missing beneficiaries, if any; and present assessment reports for management decision;
- Ensure that the sponsored children are successfully engaged in education securing a passing mark for the next grades;
- Evaluate the success of students sponsored by AGCI in their carrier development, job opportunities and job creation.
- In collaboration with woreda women and children office in Addis Ababa, AGCI Tigray office and partner institution in Gambella, complete the exit file for discontinued children from AGCI education sponsorship program
- Closely work with AGCI marketing team to provide input for fundraising of AGCI Ethiopia program
- Utilizes fundraising, case management and sponsorship software as needed; logs all telephone calls, enters new information, performs queries and creates reports and summaries, as needed.
- Works with the AGCI home office to develop marketing materials and multimedia content aimed at highlighting AGCI’s work in Ethiopia.
- Speaks to various audiences, in order to explain and promote AGCI’s programs in Ethiopia under the direction of the Country Program Director.
- Participates in fundraising and donor-cultivation strategies, in order to provide self-sustaining, revenue-generating opportunities for the organization; includes written, phone, email and/or in-person solicitation and use of persuasive skills to recruit new AGCI donors, sponsors and advocates.
- Provides administrative and/or hosting support for AGCI vision trips including creating trip agendas, organizing site visits, and engaging in conversation with AGCI major donors during the trip to help them understand AGCI's work and programs in Ethiopia.
- Perform other tasks within the scope of his/her work, as assigned by the Country Program Director.
Reports To: Country Program Director
Terms of Employment: One-year contract, including 45 days probation period, with possibility of renewal, based on performance and availability of fund
- College Degree plus five or more years related work experience;
- Project and time management skills and experience;
- Ability to thrive and work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented;
- Experience and ability to work with children of all ages and their parents;
- Availability to work evenings and occasional weekends;
- Experience in creatively advocating and providing support to families;
- Ability to offer emotional support / excellent listening skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to address conflict and contribute alternative solutions in a direct, constructive and positive manner;
- Ability to participate in collective, non-hierarchical decision making within small team and all staff environments;
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member;
- Experience in sponsorship in non-governmental organization is required;
- Ability to speak and write reports in both Amharic and English; and
- Computer proficiency in basic software such as words, excel, and ability to adapt a customized software.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV through : firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Use " Education Sponsorship and Communication Director" as the subject line of your email !