|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Construction |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Project delivery from Concept Design to Issue for Contract documentation, the BIM/Revit Engineer shall be able to develop Building Services design solution working in close collaboration with Architects, Structural Engineers and other design team stakeholders.
- Assist in establishing and setting up new projects with the relevant file structures and adhere to all agreed BIM standards, BIM Execution plans etc.
- Assist with establishing project teams and resources. Utilize, create, where necessary, and manage project specific families.
- Project delivery, development of discipline specific engineering calculations carry out modelling duties, co-ordinate with modelling teams and ensure full integration of modelling information with other disciplines.
- An in depth understanding of international design criteria, standards and regulations.
- Production of all engineering calculations and drawn information in the appropriate format to meet project timescales.
- Undertake self-checking initiatives whilst maintaining quality control of junior engineers works and ensure adherence to all relevant design criteria and standards.
- Developing the technical capability of the existing staff, advise on and give training, assist with continued development and respond to technical queries.
- Manage the implementation of discipline specific software for BIM/Revit design development.
- Manage the implementation of the full BIM potential in terms of collaboration, clash detection and resolution of digitally constructed building elements.
- Work with the design team to implement company processes and improve working practices.
- Technical advancement in the field of BIM, e.g. by maintaining a current working knowledge of industry practices and advances with the technology, then implementing them within the department.
- Ensure consistency of approach across REVIT & BIM Output
- Representation of the Building Services Practice in cross-team design workshop and progress meetings.
The individual will have:
- A minimum of three years graduate experience for Intermediate Engineer
- A discipline specific degree qualification from a recognized University in Electrical Engineering.
- An excellent working knowledge of Autodesk Revit MEP with at least three years of experience, ideally having worked on major design projects in Dubai and the wider Middle East.
- Experience with ASHRAE and/or CIBSE criteria
- A robust knowledge of Building Services Engineering design and excellent knowledge and experience with services co-ordination.
- Proficient user of supporting design software such as IES, DiaLux, Safira, HevaComp Bentley etc.
- A keenness to drive organizational change, and willingness to train and development existing staff, where applicable.
- Ability to direct Junior members of staff and BIM/Revit Technicians
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to make design decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Excellent communication skills
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines highly desirable
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously
EEIG construction maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Candidates who are interested in this role and fulfill the minimum requirement are encouraged to apply through Ethiojobs.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.