|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 14, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Julphar Pharmaceuticals PLC is a joint venture between Gulf Pharmaceuticals Industries (Julphar) U.A.E and MEDTECH Ethiopia, which is involved in the manufacturing of LIFE SAVING Drugs for the local Ethiopian market use as well as for export. Julphar is looking for new candidates with big ambitions, potentials and commitment to improve the quality of life for our end customers.
Job Summary/Main Purpose
Electrician is responsible to Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Under the guidance of the HAVAC & Utility unit supervisor, The Electrician shall carry out the following duties:
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes. Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring,
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors. Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications. Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects. Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Perform other related activities when instructed by his supervisor.
Division : HAVAC & Utility unit
Reporting to : HAVAC & Utility unit supervisor
Employment type : Permanent
Number Required : One
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Attributes)
- College Diploma in electricity or TVET (10+4) in electricity or level IV in electrical/ Electronic equipment servicing management/Mechatronics & instrumentation servicing management, instrumentation & control servicing, electronic equipment servicing or other related field of study and 6 years of proven experience as an electrician. Pharmaceutical industry work experience is preferable.
- Good interpersonal skill
- Good communication skills
- Proactive and commitment for outcome
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain, troubleshoot, and repair Electrical equipment.