|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Electrician |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 057-2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position Title:- Electrician I
Duty Station: - Addis Ababa (Head Office)
Availability: - As soon as possible
Job Purpose: - The purpose of Electrician jobs is to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, generators, ATS, Electrical Panel boards, UPSs, Air conditioners and equipment using hand tools and power tools, etc. to ensure a continuous supply of electricity and functioning of electrical equipment and perform other duties when assigned by immediate supervisor asap.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Attends to breakdowns, identify fault and problems, perform root cause analysis, and resolve problems and solve them with minimal downtime to ensure continuity of the exchange core services.
· Undertakes special projects as required. Conduct bench marking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
· Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and clamp meters to ensure compatibility and safety of system repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Reports breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required and provide feedback to develop the system.
· Supports comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Equipment manual, Quality, and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
· Checks systems, AC, Ups, and Diesel Generators and other electronic equipment regularly to ensure that these verities of Equipment work efficiently and safely
· Liaises with EEU and other external stakeholders to resolves electricity supply issues and Electricity infrastructure and when needed
· Proposes inputs to develop/review Electric systems and its utilization and design manual/procedures;
· Supports the ECX participating /preparing technical TOR to procure/supply electric power and connectivity issues;
· Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· TVET 10+3\Level 4 Diploma or Equivalent in Electrical or related field
· 2 years of relevant experience in electro-mechanical, Electrical maintenance, or related areas.
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant documents via firstname.lastname@example.org or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa on or before August 25, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.