|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2020|
|Category|| Electrician |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job
Under general supervision of electrician L2, an Electrician L1 who works in a Packaging plant must participate on day− to−day maintenance of electrical equipment’s. He/She must participate also in maintenance, repair and installation of small electrical components and assist electricians during electrical breakdowns.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Follows up the operation of all electrically powered machinery in plant and perform preventive maintenance.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings
- Maintain, repair and install small electrical components like switch, breaker and socket
- Cleaning of electrical cabinet boards, electrical components and control room.
- Perform small troubleshooting using multi meter
- Participate in electrical breakdowns and Assist technicians
- Participate in preventive maintenance programs and fill maintenance records
- Record electrical maintenance and report to senior electrician
- Keep electrical drawings and documents in the cabinet properly
- Participate in Repairing and preparation of failed electrical components at workshop under supervisor of Senior electrician
- Participate in organization and cleaning of electrical workshop
- Maintain tags on electrical components under Senior Electricians supervision
- Participate in wire/cable installation
- Communicate with Senior electrician on operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic components and equipment.
- Maintain consistent presence at assigned worksite and regularly work hours specified.
- Prior to touch one machine he/she must inform senior electrician
- Respect safety rule and regulation.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- familiar with local and national electrical codes
- knowledge of motor controls and PLC’s
- knowledge and skill on repair and maintenance work
- Ability to perform work at different awkward positions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and electrical drawings
- Good communication skills to work with colleagues.
Required Educational and Experience
- TVET 10+3 and above in Electrical and related filled of study with 2 years ‘of relevant experience or
- BSC Degrees in Electrical Engineering and related filled of study and no experience is required for BSC graduate.
Interested applicants who fulfill the above criteria can submit their CV and application letter through online at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days effective from the announcement of this notice.