|Location||Wolkite /Gubre/, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job
Under general supervision of Team Leader L1/L2, he/she investigate and diagnose electrical faults, finding solutions and implementing repairs to ensure all electrical systems and equipment are working effectively and efficiently; and overhaul services on machinery and electrical components installs and repairs electrical lines.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Follows up the operation of all electrically powered machinery in the plant and performs preventive maintenance.
- Performs the installations of new electrical lines and new machinery and supervises the technicians installing.
- Tests electrical line and fixes maintenance problems
- Performs daily scheduled maintenance without affecting production and supervises other technicians assigned to maintenance
- Controls the safety of electrical machinery and components
- Repairs and overhauls electrical components of motorized equipment and industrial electric motors.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical system of ground power units shop electrical equipment and high voltage switch
- Ensures the correct operation of repaired and purchased electrical components.
- Performs heavy and complex electrical maintenance and installation works as per the maintenance schedule
- Disassemble burnt out motors and transformers, solenoid coils, etc. and repair them
- Tests and ensures that maintenance of electrical machinery, components, motors, etc is carried out according to specifications and maintenance procedures and adjusts if needed.
- Records time and spare parts used and submit to concerned supervisor.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
- Responsible for own safety and the safety of others in the work area; must adhere to all safety policies and accident prevention compliance programs.
- Wear all required P.P.E. Protective clothing must be worn during production and cleanup.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisors or managers
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- Strong familiarity with local and national electrical codes
- Strong knowledge of motor controls and PLC’s
- Good knowledge and skill on repair and maintenance work
- Ability to perform work at different awkward positions
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and electrical drawings
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Good communication skills to work with colleagues. Sound judgment informed by extensive practical knowledge and experience
- Able to handle conflict and resolve differences of opinion
Expected Education and Experience
- Grade 10+3 up to Grade 10+5: 1 to 3 years experience
- Bachelor’s degrees: 1 years experience
Qualified candidates should submit your application only through ethiojobs.net