|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job
Under direct order and supervision of Chief General Service; Electrician (General service) undertakes installation, maintenance, and repair of the factory and office lighting; perform maintenance & repair of all appliances in the brewery and external BGI premises.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Regularly inspect, repair, and replace all lights and sockets.
- Perform new installation where needed.
- Repair small electrical appliances.
- Control and confirm the performance of low-power standby generators at the installed places.
- Control the stock for the light, socket, and consumable electrical components.
- Keep and confirm the neatness of the working area from any scrapes.
- Undertakes the proper functioning of all lighting in the factory, office, and external BGI premises.
- Disassemble instruments, label the wiring and the basic configuration, clean and dismantle small components repair or replace spare parts. Assemble, test, and ascertains for proper functioning at the required time. Assure to avoid work repetition that comes due to poor performance. Ask technical assistance for problems beyond his skill.
- Coach newly employed section workers by communicating with other sections.
- Participate in any emergency repairs
- Perform all duties as per the companies rules and regulations
- Handle carefully hand tools, measuring instruments, and others that the company provides him to use.
- Perform any other related tasks as required ordered by immediate supervisor & concerned person of the company.
- Other Health, Safety, and Quality Responsibilities :
- Ensure all quality system procedures are being implemented and records kept in the section.
- Ensure a safe working environment by contributing to the implementation Of Health and Safety policy, systems, and procedures
- Confirm the use of safety devices among section employees
- Establish that all equipment, plant, and substances used are suitable for the task and are kept in good working condition; this includes the regular maintenance and servicing of equipment.
- Take immediate and appropriate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to health and safety arising from the work activity and report to the concerned department
- Tools and Equipment Management
- Inter-departmental Communication, being flexible in challenging circumstances and diverse situations.
- Minimizing scrap and Reducing Downtime
- Quality of work
- Safeguard of the company asset
Expected Education and Experience
- 1 year of work experience for Diploma holders on related work.
Qualified candidates should submit your application only through ethiojobs.net