|Location||Meskan and Hawassa Zuriya, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The education officer leads program grant implementation in SNNPR internally displaced sites promoting local community engagement, and ensures that objectives are met in a timely manner, monitored and evaluated optimal. The officer will ensure that teachers/facilitators receive appropriate mentorship, while fostering a positive team spirit and encouraging creative and quality programming.
With the direct supervision of the satellite office manager and technical oversight of CYPD TU Staff in national office, the incumbent leads the Education in Emergencies project timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of agreed activities in target woreda of Hawassa Zuria and Bilate in Sidama Zone and Meskan in Ghurage Zone.
- Involves in the rapid assessment of the emergency education needs.
- Ensures the quality day-to-day implementation of the EiE activities.
- Keeps the record of number of beneficiaries in the target area
- Works very closely with supply chain and finance to deliver the project activities on time
- Facilitates the ASR and/or ALP based on the need on the ground
- Daily follow up with Learning Facilitators/Community Volunteers to ensure quality learning sessions.
- Works with the parent-teacher association (PTSA) to ensure that children are enrolled in the TLS or existing schools.
- Conducts in-service teachers/facilitators trainings based on teachers training needs.
- Ensures that the teaching-learning process is in place in the temporary learning spaces or existing school.
- Develops activity and spending plan once the budget is released.
- Ensures effective budget management based on existing tools (PR tracking and Budget versus Actual) to avoid under or over spending. Tracks the PR on regular basis to ensure the quality budget management.
- Communicates on weekly basis to both the field office and/or Addis team on progresses and any challenges. Communicates the technical team in Addis Ababa on ad hoc basis on phone to discuss any emerging issues.
- Represents the IRC in any external meetings at the local level.
- Drafts monthly reports on IRC template and quarterly reports on the donor template.
- Drafts the 5Ws on the basis of template and shares with the MEAL manager on monthly basis.
- BA/BED in Education, Education Planning and Management or other fields related to the position.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the education sector and 2 years of experience for plus post .
- NGO experience will be an advantage
- Experience in handling emergency projects
- Good technical and report writing skill
- Good communication and social skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and Gedeo language is a plus
- Ability to meet to perform her/his activities within short period of time
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC, Hawassa and directly applying through the below links is also mandatory.
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?|
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
| YES NO|
Recruiter of the position Hawassa HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.