|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Operational Plan Preparation (10%)
· Assist budget holders on the annual planning and budget management.
· Ensure Program Area Operational plan is prepared and approved by Country Director before Project Outlines Produced.
· Ensure all Project Outlines are prepared based on Operational Plan and gets approved.
· Consolidate and forward cash flow Projection from departments to country office.
Grant Management (25%)
· Participate in the implementation of existing grant management systems, ensuring that they are consistent with national procedure.
· Monitor grants on a monthly basis. Liaise closely with budget-holders to support the analysis of monthly variances.
· Support implementation of all donor financial compliance requirements in coordination with other departments.
· Follow the financial documents for Partners’ advance liquidation and subsequent fund release to ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and compiled as per Partnership Agreement, Grant Agreement Documents and Donor’s requirements.
· Support Budget Holders (BH) in mapping, phasing and re-phasing of grant budgets. Provide support in relation to budget amendments and modifications.
· Provide support to ensure that all grants are complete and accurate from a financial perspective in advance of grant closure.
· Review the financial information to BHs to produce donor reports are in accordance with donor reporting template and within the time.
· Transaction Processing (35%)
· Review all payments against the budget and established rules and regulations.
· Review purchase and contract to ensure conformity with the established polices and procedure of Plan Ethiopia and legal requirements.
· Review payments for advance and follow up its settlement.
· Review petty cash payment and its replenishment.
· Review Sub grantees advances to Local NGOs/governments, as per the partnership agreement.
· Review Payroll for all compliance and authorization issues.
· Ensure taxes are deducted from payments as per the Government tax proclamation and paid timely.
· Review all purchases are made with reasonable comparison and authorized sources.
Financial Reporting (20%)
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement and take action on all irregular transactions.
· Review sub Grantees financial reports & subsequent fund release requests.
· Reconcile cash clearing and inter office accounts between the country office and Program Area (PA) records.
· Follow and review all donors’ financial reports are sent on time with reasonable accuracy.
· Prepare monthly financial report and update all budget holders including the Country finance manager for timely utilization of project funds.
· Prepare financial statements of the Program Area (PA) for auditing.
Team Management (10%)
· Monitor the performance of staff members continuously and conduct semi-annual performance review for everyone in the unit.
· Provide a supervisory role to Finance Officer and Cashier on different issues
· Coach and lead all staffs working under her/his region to fully takeover each other’s responsibility on one’s absence.
· Participate in team building process as a Program Area Management Team (PAMT).
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
· Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
· Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
· Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted
Leadership and BUSINESS management COMPETENCIES
· Set high standards for self and others' behaviour, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
· Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
· Create a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
· Collaborate with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
· Motivate and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them develop their potential.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
· Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan's purpose, values, and global strategy
· Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
· Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organizing, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
· Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills
Qualifications/ Experience Essential:
· Education at BA Degree level or equivalent vocational study in fields such as Accounting and Finance
· At least 5 years of relevant experience out of which 1 year as a coordinator
· Experience of International NGO grant management systems and financial regulations
· Knowledge of Grants Administration especially system management and donor compliance in reporting of diverse institutional donors (EU, USAID, ECHO, UNICEF, GFFO, DFID
· Knowledge of the requirements of the major emergency donors and experience in budgeting and reporting to donors.
· budgeting and reporting to donors.
Qualifications/ Experience Desirable:
· Demonstrated knowledge in cost recovery principles and systems, experience in implementing a cost recovery system is preferable.
· Experience in budgeting and reporting to donors is preferred.
· Fluency in English language is essential
· Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
- The closing date for the application in July 04.2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.