|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the job
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities; community mobilization, formation of committees in the Woredas and each selected KAs and orientation of the committee, beneficiary selection and ensure the beneficiaries are verified by partners and the community before the distribution of inputs.
- Work with the regional response offices for timely procurement of inputs and other materials, vehicle renting, and transportation of project inputs to the target Woreda and distribution centres.
- Prepare detail input distribution and training schedules and share with all concerned ahead of time, coordinate the distribution and take record of all distributions and trainings.
- Coordinate and Collaborate with the local partners, Woreda, Zonal and regional Agriculture and administration offices, and ensure smooth implementation and complementarity with other partners operating in the target area.
- Supervise, support and coach emergency livelihood officers assigned to work at the Woreda level, provide all necessary technical assistance, and direct them to deliver their responsibility on quality and timely manner.
- Monitoring of the project implementation regularly, take appropriate measure on time and communicate issues and concerns to the respective region emergency response leadership, and HO Emergency livelihood recovery projects coordinator.
- Produce and communicate project update reports, monthly and terminal reports with quality and on timely basis to regional emergency response office and WV HO project focal person. Collect success stories, best practices, and quality pictures of the project implementation and share with the reports
- Education: MSc/BSC degree in Agriculture and Rural development fields
- Certificates of training on the sector
Required Professional Experience
- Experience of coordinating livelihood/agriculture projects: 5years for MSC or 6rs. for BSc
- 5 and above years’ project /program coordinating experience in an international NGO.
- Emergency response experience is an advantage.
- Grass root work experience in development projects management, emergency response, especially seed and commodity distribution.
- Experience of targeting
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Effective facilitation, report writing and knowledge management skill