|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
Length of Contract: Definite employment contract until September 30, 2021
Required Number: 1 (one)
Duties and Responsibilities of Emergency Logistic Officer(Roving)
· In coordination with the Logistics Coordinator, support fleet movements and coordination from Hawassa to the field locations including refilling and monitoring of fuel, tracking logsheets, contributing to the weekly fleet management plan, etc. related to movement of Emergency Program staff
· In collaboration with Procurement Manager and Procurement Officer, once the procurement process is complete ensure that there is proper communication with the suppliers, deliveries are arranged and completed on time, etc.
· As related to emergency programs, support any required logistical arrangements for meetings, trainings, accommodation, etc. in Hawassa
· Support the Logistics Coordination to ensure that PIN policies are adhered to across the project locations and offices
· Secure on time the necessary office stationary supplies for the Emergency Team in Hawassa and support to the field
· Oversee coordination of warehouse management across the Hawassa and field warehouses including movement of goods, proper stock management, etc.
· In the Hawassa warehouse/storeroom, support the Logistics Coordinator in Stock Management related to the Emergency Program materials in line with PIN policies
· Arrange for asset handover and tracking for Emergency Program staff
· Support the logistics coordinator in required inventory checking as related to Emergency Program assets and materials
· While the position is based in Hawassa, regular travel and support to the field offices (Gedeo, East Guji, West Guji, S. Omo) is required
· Support the Logistics staff in the field offices with: management of deliveries to the field locations, warehouse set-up and management, traveling to field sited for large deliveries or distributions for counts and quality checks, etc.
· Filling in for any field logistics staff that may be on leave or other gaps
· In the event of new emergencies, travel to new locations for initial logistics assessments and initial set-up of offices, warehouse, vehicle arrangements, etc.
· Collaborate with other departments
· Be flexible and be able to give assistance with different activities not included in this primary job description
· Perform another related responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Logistic and supply chain management, Economics, Accounting, Management, Business Management and other related and relevant fields of studies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in logistics
- NGO experience is advantageous
- Flexibility,adaptabiltyand goodNegotiation Skill
- Planning, coordination and report writing skills
- Good communication and capacity to work under stress
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
- 3 strong references (only from previous supervisors, will be crosschecked)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until October 17, 2020 via following the link: Application Form-Logistic Officer
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.