|Date Posted||June 25, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Title: Emergency Officer (Distribution)
Employment Category: H2
Reporting To: Shelter and Infrastructure Team Leader
Direct Reports: N/A
Start of Contract & Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Posting date: June 23, 2021
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, Gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Under the direct supervision of the Shelter and Infrastructure Team Leader, the emergency Distribution Officer is responsible for the implementation of all distribution activities including the identification, selection and verification of beneficiaries and for processing target beneficiary lists approved and authorized by the WASH/Shelter manager, deals with the distribution workers and follow-up on beneficiary receipts as per the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Support the planning and implementation of emergency response activities;
- Assist in developing and document key methodologies and approaches for core components of DRC emergency response program, ensuring consistency and compliance with humanitarian standards and approaches and relevant DRC program methodologies and guides;
- Provide support in drafting, designing and implementing multisectoral needs assessments and analyzing the data;
- Collaborate and coordinate with the protection team to mainstream protection and ensure protection integration in the emergency response;
- Ensure high-quality implementation of the cash and distribution activities applying DRC’s methodologies, tools and standards for cash interventions;
- Ensure community engagement, effective communication and conflict sensitivity throughout the response
- Ensure beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints are respectfully collected and responses are provided as per DRC’s framework for beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints collection and response mechanisms;
- Follow up with distribution teams, MEAL to ensure post-distribution monitoring (PDM) are done within timelines;
- Provide support to the field teams, by assisting with technical issues regarding cash programming, distribution and the quality of humanitarian assistance being delivered under the respective projects;
Reporting and External Representation
- Compile and provide weekly and monthly reporting on project activities, developments in the external context and humanitarian situation, and on project implementation progress.
- Contribute to donor report and external report developments.
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive files of project activities, outputs, materials, and other relevant documentation
- In coordination with supervisor liaise with local communities and authorities, and other humanitarian partners and represent DRC in relevant fora;
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of experience with distribution in humanitarian and emergency context
- Strong analytical and writing skills with the ability to produce well-written documents
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong planning, organizational skills and problem-solving skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including working with different groups, partners and nationalities
Education (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Development Studies or a relevant related field.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Good verbal and written proficiency in English and Amharic; Tigrigna is advantage
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than July 6, 2021.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.