|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Contract |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of and reporting to EWNRA Executive Director and Management the Emergency Project Coordinator is responsible for overall emergency project implementation, management and administration, reporting, project level human resource and other resources management, coordination of all field operations as well coordination with stakeholders, local level project implementing partners and establishing smooth working relation with communities and government offices within the project intervention woreda. Writing up standard and quality reports to be shared with donor, and signatory offices and the general public. She/he has to have good experience in participatory approaches and have full commitment to implement the project in bottom up approach.
In addition he has to handle the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Lead day-to-day project implementation and coordinate with project implementing partners and facilitate the successful implementation of the project
- Contribute to the development of standardized emergency assessment tools for the execution of the project.
- Organize and lead multi disciplinary field assessment in the event of identifies appropriate beneficiaries who need support that is impacted by COVID 19 pandemic.
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to plan and as per contractual agreements with respective donors and government authorities and ensure that program spending is in line with original plan.
- Monitor interventions and share monitoring reports to management and donors.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to emergency hotspot areas and provide technical guidance.
- Represent the project in various discussions, debates within and other project related discussions; and report project achievements;
- Perform other organizational and project related tasks that may be required by the EWNRA Main Office as well as from staff of Cooperative Development Foundation Canada, Ethiopia Office.
Qualifications and experience: MSc or BSc degree with qualification in fields of Agriculture, Livelihoods, Nutrition and related field from recognized University with at least 5 and 7 years of work experience respectively. NGO experience is an advantage especially in Emergency Response Programs.
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours and high workload.
- Excellent representational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication in Amharic and English (verbal and written).
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Ability to use computer- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Skills and experience in staff management and budget management
Duty Station: Sholla Gebeya, Hager Mariam-Kesem Woreda, Semien Shewa Zone, Amhara Regional State
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the posts.
Closing date: Ten consecutive days from the date this advert is posted on News Letter; and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application: Only CVs should be sent in digital form to the email address given below. All supporting documents (copies of credentials) should be sent through our postal address.
P.O. Box: 1518 code 1110, Addis Ababa
Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (EWNRA)