|Location||Babile, Fedis, Chinaksen, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2020|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
· Lead the whole activities of the Gender Responsive Humanitarian Assistance to Conflict Affected IDP Returnees Project in East Hararghe and support the implementation of sustainable action for the Gender Responsive Project.
· Carry out activities of surveys and identification of analysis on existing gender differences to enable the services delivered to meet the particular needs of men and women and with particular focus on the needs of women in WASH and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Shelter and NFIs and Early Recovery Livelihoods focused interventions.
· Lead in supporting the target groups to plan and implement activities of increasing women’s roles in leadership in their communities; enhance women’s collective and individual participation in decisions and other gender responsive activities.
· Lead the Babile, Fedis and Chinaksen Gender Responsive Project including activities of monitoring of project quality, M&E and budget management;
· Support target groups in promotion of livelihoods, awareness raising activities on SRHR and GBV issues and services.
· Lead the development of procurement, activity and budget plans for the Babile, Fedis and Chinaksen Project;
· Lead Babile, Fedis and Chinaksen Project team in reviewing progress and results, identify gaps and solutions and share technical ideas for the project staff;
· Support to Babile, Fedis and Chinaksen Project Officers with technical and management inputs relating to project activity plan
· Contribute to development of new project proposals;
· Select target communities and project priority groups jointly with the regional projects coordinator, project staff, local government representatives and communities and other relevant stakeholders.
· Conduct training on relevant gender and other project interventions ;
· Provide technical backstopping and facilitation, work closely with the other field staff, cluster based stakeholders, networks, and community members to ensure achievement of objectives in timely and cost effective manner;
· Identify livelihood development constraints and suggest possible recommendations to the regional projects coordinator;
· Facilitate that regular Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) is conducted by the project staff and reports are prepared and submitted to the Regional Coordinator.
Required qualification and Work Experience:
Bachelor or Masters Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences or relevant disciplines from recognized universality.
Minimum of 4 years relevant experience for Bachelor degree and 2 years for Masters Degree. Experience in leading a project is highly advantageous.
· Knowing Oromiffa language is compulsory
· Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)
· Ability to interact with people
· Knowledge in areas of agriculture, animal husbandry and emergency response activities such as cash for work and unconditional cash transfer programming.
· Previous related experience in NGO setup is an advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through ethiojobs.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.