|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Engineering Manager follows up the acquisition of Health care Food Manufacturers SC manufacturing plant machinery, equipment & supplies, and ensures the proper placement, installation & operation of the same according to the design requirements. Ensures other factory facilities operate properly as well.
The Engineering Manager is also in charge for monitoring & maintenance of overall factory equipment in order to ensure utilities & line equipment is always available for production process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes reception, storage & placement of the machinery and equipment acquired for the plant.
- Ensure that the machinery, equipment and other technical supplies are duly received, registered, codified and properly installed/placed/stored.
- Ensure that the required machineries/equipment are properly specified and are in line with the operational necessities of the factory.
- Organizes training on equipment so that the staffs assigned to operate the equipment are well acquainted with the operation.
- Prepares technical guidelines/SOPs on the operation of machineries & equipment.
- Prepares periodic maintenance schedules and institutes maintenance procedure with in the factory.
- Follows up engineering projects undertaken by the company.
- Follows up the construction of new facilities with in the factory system.
- Ensure that all items are received with proper goods receiving note and are issued with the proper stores issue vouchers duly authorized by competent offices.
- Ensures that the technical manpower required is well identified and the maintenance activities is performed in planned manner.
- Witnesses the testing of the machinery and equipment after erection/ placement & service and ensure that the operating staff are duly initiated and trained in the operation and maintenance.
- Supervise technical staff and oversee daily maintenance & operational activities.
- Determine and track control of most important Technical KPIs
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Track expenses related to fuel consumption, maintenance cost & production cost.
- Ensure proper implementation of EHS guidelines and Policies
- Responsible for operation of utilities (WTP, Gen-sets, compressors, etc) and estate maintenance.
- Driving License (Preferable)
- Knowledge and experience with methods for process re-engineering, automation & instrumentation
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Degree in relevant fields like Manufacturing/Industrial area of specialization.
- Demonstrated track-record and ability to manage complex manufacturing operation.
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience as Engineering/Technical Manager or similar role
Please title your application with subject line: -"Engineering Manager - HCFM"
Candidates meeting the above-required qualifications are invited to send their CV through firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: July 8th, 2021