|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 1, 2022|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the job
- This is not an English as a Second Language role***
Is English language your passion? We are looking for a teacher who can engage students creatively and critically with English texts. Are you an experienced teacher looking for a challenge and an opportunity to serve God overseas? This just might be what you're looking for!
At Bingham Academy, our English classes are taught by specialist teachers and are designed to build knowledge and skills that will enable students to understand and analyze a range of writing genres as well as prepare for further studies at University and beyond. You will have the opportunity to make an impact in an environment where students and parents value your contribution and ministry.
We are currently looking for several English Language Teachers with the ability to teach across the Secondary grades.
Key skills, qualities, and educational background include:
- Bachelor's degree in English, English as an Additional Language, or linguistics
- Teaching Licence, Qualification or Credential
- High level of knowledge of relevant curriculum and learning and assessment theory
- Effective classroom management techniques
- Commitment to positive communication with all stakeholders
- Passion for excellent education
- Willingness to learn
Desired but negotiable
- Masters degree in English
- Experience in linguistic studies
All of our expatriate staff serve as missionary volunteers. Bingham Academy provides airfare assistance, free housing, utilities, and generous professional development support.