|Location||Various Zones/Woreda in Oromia, Sidama, and Gedeo Regions, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2020|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Terms of Reference for Enumerator Position
Project duration 10-15 weeks between October 2020- December 2020
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Business, Economics, Statistics or related field with relevant professional experience
0-1 years’ experience in conducting Surveys; particularly agricultural related surveys
Excellent Motorbike driving skill; Valid and renewed motorbike driving license (Mandatory).
Good verbal and written proficiency in English and Amharic and any one of the local languages Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, Sidamu’ Afoo….
Various Zones/Woreda in Oromia, Sidama, and Gedeo Zone
Insights consults is an independent, full-service management and research firm legally registered in Ethiopia to deliver an array of research and business consulting services to a wide range of government, non-government and commercial companies. We, at Insights Consults, help organizations in setting up baseline data that supports them as an input in program design. We also assist organizations in performance measurement and evaluation of Program and campaigns, conduct surveys, and design and assessment of Monitoring and evaluation systems.
Insights Consultancy is looking for brilliant and highly-motivated young people to assist with our fieldwork activities in Oromia and SNNP Regions. The position is based in Oromia, Gedeo and Sidama regions. Final location will be finalized depending on place of residence and language ability of applicants. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted for further screening. Once selected enumerators will benefit from training sessions aimed at improving their professional development.
The main role of Enumerators is to conduct surveys, and collect data using pre-designed data collection instrument. Ideal candidates must have an experience in collecting quantitative data using electronic data collection instruments, the appropriate skill to address survey questions and methods to implement in the data collection process to maintain high data quality and also a good understanding and skill of properly managing respondents. Applicants must be excellent communicators both in Amharic and English, have exceptional interpersonal skills, should be team players who are able to effectively solve problems and adapt to changing situations.
- Attend training sessions and refresher training's.
- Test questionnaires, different survey tools and applications prior to the commencement of actual survey.
- Travel to different locations at woreda and Kebele levels to conduct field preparation and data collection.
- Document issues that arise during fieldwork and communicate them to the field coordinator and supervisor.
- Strictly follow survey procedure, collect and submit Quality data on a daily basis.
- Safe handling of resources (mobile phones and accessories, motor bikes and other equipment’s) and protect from any damage
- Hold daily Quality Control session and closeout report and provide feedback on schedule
- Assist in any other related tasks assigned by the field coordinator and data quality control team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Forestry, Development Studies, Economics, Business, Statistics, Social Science or related field.
- Experience in conducting quantitative data collection
- Experience with coffee farming is highly advantageous (raised in coffee growing families, participated in coffee farming related researches)
- Very good communication skills in Amharic, English, any one of the local languages Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, Sidamu’affo.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills – especially the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, internet.
- Quick learner and effective team-player
- Excellent Motorbike driving skill; Valid and renewed motorbike driving license.
- Experience working in challenging environment; physically fit to reach inaccessible rural villages and farms and readiness to carryout assigned tasks on weekends and beyond hours, if required
Please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/y47fkoa9 fill out the Application form and send your CV by firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.