|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Internship |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia for over 19 years implementing emergency and resilience programming in the areas of WASH, education, livelihoods, reproductive health, gender-based violence, and child and youth protection and development.
The IRC started its humanitarian intervention in BGRS in 2002GC. Over the past years it has implemented various Emergency Rapid Response and development projects benefiting both host communities and refugees. Currently the IRC Assosa Field Office, under its refugee interventions and host communities, is undertaking a comprehensive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Health and gender-based violence/community wellbeing initiation projects to contribute to efforts to enhance the living conditions and wellbeing of population of refugee camps and the host communities of BGRS.
Under direct supervision of Senior EH officer /EH Manger the EH intern is responsible for the following activities:
· Coordinate with the refugee community works on daily supervision Water Supply distribution system in collaboration with Water Management committee, Water system Care taker and water quality monitor and daily record report the status of proper functioning.
· With the coordination of Water Technician Assistants, Work on ensuring proper establishment and or refreshment training is conducted for WMC, WSCT and water quality monitor.
· Monitoring and supervision of daily activities of water system operation /maintenance routine works and ensuring the proper the required quality and quantity of water delivered for the clients as per UNHCR standard of 20lit/person /day and data are captured on different pumping and distribution stations.
· Supervise and monitor Water system care takers construction lead mason and refugee carpenters whom working on sanitation facility construction and or maintenance.
· Support EH department through listing the required construction materials and Initiate procurement towards purchase of the required labor/ materials any new construction/maintenance / rehabilitation related work.
· Prepare any attendance related to daily labor /refugee labor payments and ensure the effect of the payment.
· Support monthly time and effort sheet preparation for the staff under /like water system care taker.
· Supervise and monitor the construction of new/maintenance of water system (both pressure and distribution line, tap stand and water storage tanks) in the camp and daily record the water meter reading and develop water meter log daily.
· Work closely with EH in construction work any related civil /water works
· Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly activity plans and progress report, and reports to Senior EH officer/ OR EH Manger.
· University degree or diploma in Water resource, Hydraulic, Water supply and Environment, Civil, Irrigation Engineering or related fields from recognized university/college.
· Fresh Graduates or 0 years of experience.
· Excellent computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database and statistical packages.
· Skills in Civil work related software Auto CAD and water work related software Water Cad and EPANET)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications as well as motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job.
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
· Only Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply to the positions.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?|
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
| YES NO|
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: International Rescue Committee (IRC), Assosa Field Office: P.O. Box: 249
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.