WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) is an Ethiopian indigenous, “Civil Society Organization” established in 2014. ASDEPO is mandated to operate in all regional states of the country and is engaged indifferent thematic program areas of intervention namely: Humanitarian Response, Education, Health/HIV and AIDS/RH, Women and Youth Economic Empowerment, Gender Based Violence and Child Protection, Migration/Human Trafficking, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Wash), NTD’s Climate Change, Agriculture, Environmental Protection and Training in Gambella, Oromiya, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, SNNPR and Somali Region.
Key areas of accountability:
- Ensure that the Shelter-NFI activities are implemented according to the approved donor and government agreements.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and review of response activities as per the agreed document with donor and partners.
- Carrying out needs assessments and identify activities to increase awareness and enhance hygiene behaviour change.
- Develop request of material needed for Shelter-NFI and The project activities and design IEC material according to the specific targeted group (adult, children, and persons living with disabilities).
- Design, monitor and implement Emergency Shelter & Settlement activities according to the identified needs. Those may include but are not limited to: conduct sex and age segregated consultations with the affected community, Shelter-NFI kits distributions, Shelter-NFI kits use demonstrations, training and follow up of community key stakeholders.
- Design, monitor and implement the project activities that keep the community and the staff safe from the risk of COVID-19 spread (maintain physical distance, activities and training implemented in open or well ventilated spaces etc.).
- Initiate procurement of Emergency Shelter with support of CO Supply chain team and control, validate the quality of the material to purchase, and received (particular for Shelter-NFI kits).
- Conduct Vulnerability assessment of the IDPs and host community households to ease targeting process and conduct beneficiary targeting, registration and verification in collaboration with local administration.
- Prepare distribution plan and organize distribution of Shelter-NFI by adhering to COVID 19 Infection prevention protocol. In collaboration with other sectors, staffs will lead Shelter-NFI distribution planning, its implementation and monitoring.
- Provide daily/weekly report to immediate supervisor.
- Work in close coordination with the community and all its representatives, including women, children, elderly and persons living with disabilities to ensure the specific needs and suggestions from all targeted beneficiaries are known. Work in close coordination with the Shelter-NFI and settlement officers and other sectors colleagues to ensure that the overall Shelter and NFI and settlement response address the needs of the targeted population, in the respect of dignity and local culture.
- Lead regular data collection in the field during needs assessments, post distribution monitoring, baseline and end line surveys.
- Prepare project progress reports
- Work in coordination with the head office’s finance team to ensure stewardship of resources and appropriate budget management of projects
- Ensure that partners finance planning and reports are in line with the project agreement and requirements from donors and governments; support partners as necessary to ensure proper financial management, utilization and reporting.
- Prepares timely donor reports, including review and verification of both narrative and financial reports from partner implemented projects and confirmation of accuracy and consistency between narrative and financial reports.
- Delivers reports to the thematic leads for quality assurance before handing in the reports to the Awards Team for delivery to the donors.
- Facilitates communication and interaction between partners and ASDEPO Award Compliance and Reporting Coordinator; facilitates budget transfer to partners
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Undertake situation analysis of health issue in the location and establish baseline data for impact monitoring, as well as for use in for new business developments
- Plan and conduct regular review meetings with government officials to monitor the implementation of health interventions
- Document implementation lessons, best practices and innovations for projects under supervision; and ensure that such information is fed into new business development.
- Facilitate mid-term, terminal and other review and evaluation of projects through participatory process
- In coordination with MEAL staff, lead and coordinate the development of TORs and management of tasks, including rapid assessments, formal surveys, evaluations, and documentations, for projects under supervision as required
- Facilitates visits for donors, members and others as necessary
- In coordination and collaboration with the partners team, ensure that proper assessment of financial, procurement, and other relevant operations system are conducted for each partner and issues are identified (for subsequent capacity building and monitoring)
- Conduct regular monitoring visits, support partners at the project sites and prepare reports for documentation and follow-up actions
- Closely work with partners in the preparation of periodic and project completion reports
- Support partners in preparing annual and quarterly project budgets and making budget revisions
- In consultation with the Partnership Team, assess the capacity of partner organizations and develop capacity building plans to address the gaps; support the implementation of the plan and monitor and document changes.
- Ensure that all relevant partnership documents are centrally maintained both in hard and electronic copies.
- Representing ASDEPO at coordination and cluster meetings, and with local government, donors, UN and other NGOs;
- Work in close cooperation with regional, zonal, and Woredas, Health offices in relation to the health activities.
- Comply with ASDEPO policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Location: Benishangul Gumuz Region (Metekel Zone) and Afar Region (Zone 2)
Employment Type: Contract for one year
Contract duration: Until December 31, 2023
Required Number: 2
- BSC degree in Civil engineering, Construction Management/technology, water resources engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in the area of emergency Shelter and NFI out of which at least 2-year experience in humanitarian response
- Experience in working with in Emergency Shelter assistance. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
- Excellent understanding of Emergency Shelter and settlement issues in Ethiopia/Region at both field and policy levels.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures