|Location||Bahir Dar, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Contract |
About One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund works to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. In Ethiopia, we engage farmers in agroforestry and community-based seed multiplication. In partnership with the Amhara National Regional State, these programs have planted more than 10 million trees, produced over 500 MT of improved teff seed, and reached more than 65,000 farmers. Now, we are now in an exciting phase of work in which we are trialing novel approaches and preparing for scale-up in the coming years. We have over 8000 employees globally, and our growing Ethiopia headquarters are in Bahir Dar, Amhara Region, with small offices in Addis Ababa, Finote Selam and Motta.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Ethiopia program currently serves 65,000 farmers, grows 6.5 million trees, and has an ambitious seed multiplication program - by 2025 we aim to serve 600,000 farmers and plant 100 million trees.
This is will be a six months contract and we are looking for a and individual to manage the Employees Contract, Payroll, tax, pension and Airtime administration, Recruitment and onboarding, Health insurance and benefits administration support Employee information and satisfaction needed to achieve our scale targets. The Ethiopia Human Resource Coordinator will report directly to the Program Associate and will manage our HR and finance officer.
Employees Contract Administration
- Prepare contract for new employees
- Prepare relocation and termination related letters
- Track contract expiration dates for temporary employees, consult with department heads, and proceed accordingly
Manage the Finance and HR officer
- Give finance approvals to weekly payments while ensuring documentation
- Prepare Pension and Tax payments on time every month
- File all the necessary documents for pension and tax office
- Prepare and get transferred employees Airtime
- Ensure the filling of all the necessary forms of new employees.
- Keep Physical employee files secure, locked and immediately filing incoming documents
- After new hired employees probationary completion date, make sure they get insurance cover and other benefits that offered
- Make sure that our staff is getting the insurance service properly.
Employee performance reviews Management
- PDR time launch and give training
- Put a clear timeline for each steps
- Update the tracker with follow-up with managers
- Remind the managers to keep each timeline
- Review PDRs and give approvals
Recruitment and onboarding
- During recruitment, support on test administration and candidate screening calls
- New hire orientation and set up, including OAF introductions and different policies including HR manual for the new hires.
- Facilitate candidate visits, update visitor information sheet, and improve visitor protocol
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience as Human Resource and Finance manager
- Experience in Direct team performance management
- Knowledge about the Ethiopian labor and income tax compliance laws
- Experience with responsibilities of Human resource and Finance related field
- Good at attention to details, Communication, Excel (can perform complex functions), and Google Doc
- Bachelor's Degree in related fields is required for this position
- Ability to handle sensitive information in confidentiality
- Language: English and Amharic is required
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens, permanent residents, or origin card holders of Ethiopia.
30th July 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/638b2cb11us