|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2020|
|Category|| Production / Manufacturing |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The ETP Operator must have the ability to operate ETP, proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision, can work under pressure when required, ability to anticipate and rapid decision making, team player with communication skills, ability to interpret documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instruction
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in the wastewater treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage: Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate the flow of sewage.
· Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements.
· Starts and stops pumps to control the flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
· Maintains a log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
· Gives directions to WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT ATTENDANTS and SEWAGE-DISPOSAL WORKERS in performing routine operations and maintenance.
· Collect sewage sample, using dipper or bottle and conduct laboratory tests, using testing equipment, such as a colorimeter.
· May operate and maintain power generating equipment to provide steam and electricity for the plant.
· May be designated according to specialized activity or stage in processing as Activated-Sludge Operator; Grit-Removal Operator; Pump-And-Blower Operator; Sludge-Control Operator; Sludge-Filtration Operator.
· Must be organized and punctual.
· Well-presented and professional.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in record keeping.
· Technical school qualification or equivalent.
· Certificate boiler operator with 2/4 Years Relevant Experience
Candidates meeting the above-required qualifications are invited to send their CV through Carriers@54fmcg.com
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: June 27, 2020