|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Purpose of the Job:
Under the general direction of The Chief Commissioner, The Executive Assistant is responsible for a variety of complex, confidential, and independent secretarial, administrative, office management and programatic support to The Chief Commissioner. To accomplish the objectives of the position, the Executive Assistant performs, among others, the following functions:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the various daily activities of the Office of the Chief Commissioner including handling communications, work schedules, work coordination with various departments and functions, meetings, travels, etc.
- Responsible for administrative and secretarial duties to assist the Chief Commissioner. Acts as contact point for the Office of the Chief Commissioner.
- Draft memo, concept note, program document, etc as directed by the Chief Commissioner
- Organizes and directs the day-to-day tasks and functions and oversees the smooth and efficient operation of the Office of the Chief Commissioner.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all files located in the Chief Commissioner Office.
- Manage all communications including e-mails and highlights pertinent information. Routes items to other individuals when appropriate and records information on the Chief Commissioner calendar.
- Processes outgoing mail, verifies handling instructions, and makes appropriate copies.
- Coordinate and direct incoming telephone calls, receive and greet visitors and direct inquiries and request for the Chief Commissioner Office; respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the general public and staff and refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Follow up schedule appointments and maintain accurate appointment calendar for the Chief Commissioner. Receive, sort, and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Support in the distribution of meeting agenda’s and taking minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate registration and travel arrangements for the Chief Commissioner, as instructed. Organize receipts and all travel related expenses as well as process all travel authorizations and other related travel reports.
- Responsible for the completion of purchase requisitions for materials, supplies, equipment, repairs, and other pertinent transmittals for the Office of Chief Commissioner.
LOCATION : Head Office
REPORT TO : Chief Commissioner
DURATION : Open Contract
SALARY RANGE : Gross monthly salary of ETB 16,515.00- ETB 19,670.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 transport allowance depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA Degree in Management, Public Administration, or related fields. A degree in Law or Human Rights is desirable.
- 4 years of executive-level secretarial service/office experience and program support experience are required.
- Computer literate.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic language is required. Knowledge of other local and/or international languages is advantageous.
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: 10th of August, 2021.