|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Executive Assistant.
Required number: One
Reports to: Board Chair Person, HQ office of NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a responsible Executive Assistant to support the NEBE Chair Person in a timely and professional manner. S/he will provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to Chair Person and other top-level executives.
The Executive Assistant’s main duties include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be proactive, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively.
- Manage daily calendars of the Chairperson;
- Plan and coordinate appointments, meetings and other events with the chairperson;
- Act as the point of contact between the Chair Person, external guests, and employees;
- Create regular reports and update internal databases;
- Providing secretarial service to executive management;
- Make travel arrangements and hotel booking for the Chair;
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications;
- Respond promptly to managers, visitors and staff queries;
- Prepare and edit correspondences, communications, reports, and other documents;
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and visitors;
- Research, analysis, and presentation of relevant information gathered from diverse sources;
- Support in the preparation of reports, background papers, studies, concept notes, and talking points;
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences;
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions;
- Perform other tasks assigned by Chairperson.
- BA degree in Management, Business management, Business Administration, Office Management, Communication and Journalism, Marketing and related fields
- Minimum of 6 years proven work experience as a Senior Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant, Senior Office Secretary or similar role.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Conduct self with integrity and function ethically
- Solid experience of office management systems and MS Office
- Experience using office equipment, including printers and fax machines
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
- Not be a member of any political party
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. The application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and half day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: September 06, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.