Executive Assistant to the CEO
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 25, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are looking for a reliable, highly organized and proactive assistant to support our Founder on a full time basis. This position is in office full-time, Monday-Friday. In addition, you will need be available on nights and weekends and have access to a laptop, and wifi at all times. You will need to work evenings and additional hours from time to time for events. Some travel may occur.
The right candidate is more than just an assistant, you play an important part in the growth and efficiency of the company. You always think five steps ahead, you are extremely organized (it brings you joy), you have excellent communication skills and there is no task too small or too large that you can't handle. You will be the right hand of the Founder, assisting with both company and personal tasks and being a main point of contact for the Founder.
- Provides support to CEO including managing phone and written communications, organizing and maintaining files of official corporate and internal records, coordinating CEO’s calendar, scheduling meetings on CEO’s behalf, updating and maintaining CEO’s contacts, making travel arrangements, and organizing special lunches and other events involving hospitality set-up and coordination
- Coordinate all communication to and from CEO including full document creation, review, and editing with CEO, Screening calls and responding to letters & e-mails on CEO's behalf, Coordinate conference calls, Teams Meetings or Executive Leadership team(s)+ Attend certain meetings and accurately transcribe meetings notes. (aspirational, not right away)
- Prepare monthly personal expense and revenue reports, travel reports etc.+ Reconcile CEO corporate & personal credit card statements and monitor charges + Annually work with accountants and investment entities to collaborate with and gather tax preparation material + Update monthly cash flows, income, and expense worksheets.
- Support of CEO's personal finances (extensive), donations, paying bills, check deposits at local bank, errands, and phone calls, etc.
- Responsible for all administrative duties needed to maintain CEO and EA office environment
- Arrange complex Domestic and International travels for both personal and business purposes (Leisure travel portion includes 3 to 5 international trips, and 7 to 8 domestic trips annually)+ Knowledge of travel policies and practices with hotels, airlines, etc. imperative
- Maintain files for correspondence, records, and personal matters + Maintain privacy of confidential records, documents, and correspondence
- Collaborate with various staff and departments in preparing special projects
- Assist in managing various properties (especially when out of town)
- Coordinates and conducts meetings, trainings, stakeholder engagement and VIP events
- Assists in research and writing related to long-range planning and other projects
- Maintain a professional dress attire & appearance
Minimum: 2 years of professional experience
Maximum: 7 years of professional service
- BA in a relevant field with demonstrated administrative experience, which includes organizational, correspondence, and clerical skills and a high level of customer service
- Computer skills are critical. Candidate must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Top-notch people skills, with demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with the public, VIP’s and/or experience with various stakeholders
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, with excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- Experience with or knowledge of the structure of a nonprofit and/or arts organization
- Excellent writing and proofreading/editing skills
- Ability to take direction and then work independently with discretion is essential
- A valid driver’s license is required. Having a personal vehicle is recommended but not essential
The qualified candidate for this position will bring a mix of positive energy, adaptability, decisiveness, creativity and critical thinking skills, as well as a “roll up the sleeves attitude” towards their work. Additional qualifications include:
- Candidate must be personable, a team player and an excellent communicator
- Must possess a ‘can-do’ attitude towards their work and show a high level of customer service
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both alone and in groups in a fast paced environment; extremely organized