|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 30, 2019|
|Category|| Tourism |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Executive Chef manages all Food & Beverage Kitchen Operations including Stewarding operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, team training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which exceed customer’s expectations.
· Must be able to effectively communicate, with all level of Associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by Associates and guests.
· Must be effective in handling tasks.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in Manager on Duty coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in the company’s compliance training.
· Is conscious of his/her example role and maintain high standards of personal appearance and attitude.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Be a representative of the brand’s service culture.
· Set clear expectations by meeting daily with Production Management team to communicate daily issues.
· Promote a professional and disciplined work environment.
· Ensure all kitchen teams are aware of expectations in their roles and support/coach/lead & motivate them accordingly.
· Ensure proper scheduling of all kitchen Colleagues.
· Promote Healthy and Safe work practices at all times.
· Ensure all required assured safe catering requirements are met.
· Conduct daily walk through of hotel kitchens and accompanying areas to ensure proper cleanliness.
· Strive to improve all food preparations, presentations & menu selections.
· Ensure all VIP visits are handled and prioritized properly.
· Continually expand on our current food product to lead our Colleagues to the next level.
· Keep current on new trends in the market place.
· Manages all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
· Manages all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation.
· Oversees special events and special food promotions.
· Makes recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
· Develops and writes standard recipes.
· Develops new dishes and products.
· Takes steps to ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
· Maintains comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
· Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
o Issuing of food
o Quality and presentation of food products
o Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
o Guest satisfaction
· Develops with the Human Resources Manager training plans, develops training material in accordance with WHG guidelines and implements training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage team members.
· Develops with the Director of Food and Beverage popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with WHG guidelines.
· Plans and organizes with the Food and Beverage Manager / Restaurants Manager successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and overseas.
· Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar.
· Keeps an up-dated Hotel Policies and Procedures file and up-dated files on the following Food Production matters:
o Personnel and Training
o Material and Equipment
· Be financially aware and responsible by achieve monthly labour and food cost budget, and minimize wastage/spoilage in all kitchen areas.
· Strive to ensure that projects are completed by assigned deadlines.
· Conduct spot checks of hotel suppliers and other companies that would like to supply the hotel.
· Conduct meeting with food suppliers, review products, prices, quality, delivery, etc.
· Maintain staffing guidelines, as to yearly budgets/business, hires, disciplines, terminates if required.
· Attend all hotel/division/leader meetings.
· Maintain storeroom par level and realize the importance of food turnovers.
· In conjunction with the Chief Steward, maintain the china, glassware and silver inventories.
· Sets Food Production and Stewarding goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies.
· Determines with the Finance Director the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
· Sets standards of all food and equipment purchases in accordance with local & Wyndham guidelines.
· Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel Food and Beverage operation.
· Hold performance reviews with the senior team within the culinary department.
· To embody the Count on Me Service culture and ensure that this is at the core of all activities create an environment which is responsive, respectful and focuses on delivering a great experience to customers and colleagues alike.
Minimum Selection Criteria:
· Certificate in Food Preparation or related field of study from accredited institution of higher education.
· A minimum of 5 years direct experience as an Executive Chef.
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter, stating the position you are applying in the subject line, and two references, to the following addresses:
Adanu.Taffese@ramadaaddis.com. However, to be considered, it is mandatory to include:
· Application Letter/Covering Letter, Amended Curriculum Vitae
· 3 references with valid contact details (Mobile #/Landline # and email address)
· Referring the position title in the subject line of your email;
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the subject line with the position title. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.