|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KMG-Ethiopia is a board–led CSO that works to improve the social and economic life of women and girls through an integrated development interventions linking economy, society and ecology. Thus, the organization seeks to invite all interested professionals who satisfy the requirements for the Position of Executive Director.
Leading and influencing the organization towards favourable growth, designing and directing strategies that support and enhance KMG’s organizational operations. , maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, achieving organizational goals, and maintaining sound financial practices, fund raising and organizational development.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy and Policy development and Execution
- Leads the development and implementation of KMG’s strategic Plan
- Leads the development and implementation of the annual operational plans
- Makes sure that the organizational vision and missions are shared among all stakeholders
- Leads the design and execution of the organization’s program, finance and administrative policies
- Works closely with the board in setting strategic directions of the organization.
- Provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Helps the Board determine KMG’ values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals.
- Helps the Board monitor and evaluate ABC’s relevancy to the community, its effectiveness, and its results.
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities
Partnership building , representation and visibility
- Represents KMG in front of the government bodies and other stakeholders regarding KMG Ethiopia
- Creates and maintains strong partnership with all stakeholders
- Manages the relationships between the stakeholders and KMG Ethiopia
- Enhances KMG’s visibility and images at the international, national and community levels
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
Fund Raising./Resource Mobilization
- Assesses and analyzes the funding environment periodically
- Develops Fund Raising Strategies and annual plans
- Raises funds and develops other revenues necessary to support KMG’s mission
Financial and Property management
- Ensures that the financial procedures of the organizations are adhered to
- Maintains standard and up to-date financial recording reporting systems
- Ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Makes sure that the organization has effective and efficient management body
- Makes sure that the organization manages its properties effectively
Team development and management
- Builds effective and professional program, finance and human resource development teams
- Facilitates the development of annual individual performance plan for staffs
- Ensures that the organization possesses qualified and appropriate professionals that deliver organizational mission
- Establishes and maintains performance development and management system
Quality Assessment and Control
- Establishes assessment and control system for the organization and ensures continuous monitoring and evaluation of programs and finance
- Ensures the existence of effective and efficient documentation practices in the organization
- Ensures that the organizational development process are periodically evaluated
- Performs other duties as required by the board
Terms of Employment: - One year contract, renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Degree in Gender studies, Management/leadership Social work, MPH, Psychology and Sociology with wide range of work experience in in prevention and protection of Gender Based Violence, and Harmful practices (FGM and Child marriage).
- 5 years of minimum experience of leading CSO working on women and girls empowerment.
- Demonstrated experience working with government stakeholders, implementing partners including faith-based organizations and other stakeholders.
- Experience in facilitate high level policy dialogue and advocacy
- Very good knowledge of integrated Community Development projects/program’s addressing gender inequality.
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Strong expertise and knowledge/experience working in partnership with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, collaborative, coaching, supervising and interpersonal skills.
- Strong personal integrity, proactive, timeliness and commitments to results and accountability.
Interested applicants should apply none-returnable applications with application letter, CV and copies of supportive documents with in 10 calendar days of this announcement to the following address:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Office Address: On the road form Signal to Megenagna , before Sholla Gebeya, near Sumeya Mosque
PO.BOX; 13438; Telephone number: 0913501833, email: firstname.lastname@example.org