|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2020|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Executive Managing Director (EMO) will lead the project company operations, people and processes to ensure contractual, regulatory and reporting obligations are met. Oversees construction by the EPC contractor and operations by the O&M contractor for the profitable, sustainable and safe construction and operation of the plant. The EMO will have a direct reporting line to the board of the project company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in these and other areas: the creation of strategic, tactical, and financial plans; developing goals and measuring performance to the approved goals; organizational development; liaison to the public, government, affiliated organizations, and other stakeholders; develop member services and member development; the development of the association’s staff.
- Ensures compliance to contracts including EPC, CTA, PPA, PWPA, O&M, and others
- Maintains a healthy relationship with stakeholders including Offtakers and partners.
- Sources ways and means to optimize operations, pre-empting and identifying challenges and opportunities to increase profit margin.
- Implements approved infrastructure and business plans; using project management methods, sound financial management, and develops metrics that detail the success and sustainability of operations.
- Communicates and represents the company with broad stakeholder constituencies including the Project Company Board, member project companies, government bodies, industry, and the public.
- Contributes to the development of annual goals and objectives; ensures that company procedures and overall management procedures are designed in accordance with established Board policy and keeping the Board informed of existing or impending Board Policy issues
- Monitor the performance of the EPC contractors, Owners Engineer
- Continually monitor the construction program to assess any programmed slippage and take timely action
- Continually monitor quality assurance producers being implemented by the EPC contractor and the Owners Engineers
- Assess any likely claims and cost over-run, prepare mitigation proposals and ensure presentation to the Board in a timely manner
Operations & Maintenance:
- Monitor the performance of the O&M contract and ensure compliance with its terms
- Ensure the maintenance of spare parts inventory for key items
- Studies and recommends procedures and practices to improve operational efficiency; evaluate alternatives for performing required work including by contracting out services; attends project review meetings to evaluate the progress of ongoing construction or maintenance activities
Health & Safety / Crisis Management:
- Assure implementation and compliance with the HSE Management System. Developing a culture of “Zero Harm”
- Directs and is responsible for the company’s HSSE (health, safety, sustainability and environmental) programs. Ensures the company complies with all relevant laws. Implements and maintains HSSE program and is personally responsible for HSSE program structure and compliance.
- In an event of a crisis, the EMO shall establish and manage the crisis management team and follow Crisis Communication Procedure (Rev 1.3 150111)
- Formulates corporate policies (for Board approval) as necessary for the successful development and operation of the corporation and the businesses implemented for the member utilities. Establishes and maintains a sound plan of organization that will provide the proper framework for accomplishing the Association's mission and objectives.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills to develop and agree on project company business plans with the project company’s board of directors.
Candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of the Solar PV Technology, including an intimate understanding of the system's regulation requirements and operating conditions, the state and federal regulatory environment, revenue and capital requirements and financial ability of the member companies.
Strong communication skills, written and oral are a must. The EMO shall be a highly effective communicator and public speaker. The candidate shall have demonstrated the capability of building and leading effective collaborative teams, earning and maintaining the support, loyalty, and confidence of a broad range of constituents.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree required: engineering, finance, accounting, statistics, economics or other fields of study appropriate to desalination industries. Advanced business or management degree preferred. Additional advanced technical training in relating to utility management is highly desirable.
- 15+ years of experience in management in Solar industries, including at least five years as a senior-level manager experience is strongly preferred. The EMO must have a proven record of career success including the planning, development and successful implementation of sustainable and profitable business plans.
- Related experience covering management construction and operational activities.
- The EMO shall have substantial experience in the areas of organizational management, board relations, government relations, labor relations, human resource management, HSSE (health, safety, sustainability and environmental) finance and marketing. The Executive Managing Director (EMO) will lead the project company operations, people and processes to ensure contractual, regulatory and reporting obligations are met. Oversees construction by the EPC contractor and operations by the O&M contractor for the profitable, sustainable and safe construction and operation of the plant. The EMO will have a direct reporting line to the board of the project company.