|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The nature of this job includes performing tasks of advanced secretarial work; deals with incoming and outgoing mails, follows up the administrative details of the office; and annotates documents for quick reference.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes tasks given to the directorate and brings to attention;
- Manages and is responsible for the administrative details of assigned office;
- Performs a wide variety of clerical, typing and stenographic duties in the office of management staff;
- Checks and transcribes correspondence, minutes and reports from dictation or written drafts with great care and accuracy.
- Classifies, organizes and supervises the filing system of the office to secure complete and accurate records;
- Maintains proper records of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Opens, sorts and routes incoming mail; prepares material for mailing; locates and extracts required information from files;
- Receives telephone calls and messages; gives information to callers; connects callers to supervisor on important matters requiring his attention; places outgoing calls;
- Screens requests for meetings or appointments with the Director; schedules appointment and reminds supervisor when they are due;;
- Helps organize departmental meetings; prepares necessary records and documents; arranges and assembles materials for meetings and prepares report summaries;
- Annotates documents for quick reference;
- Transmits messages, instructions, circulars and remainders from the director to various offices, and follows up their status;
- Arranges travel schedules and reservations for the director;
- Safeguards the confidentiality of all information received and under custody;
- Takes minutes of meetings, workshops and negotiations;
- Operates fax, telex machines and the internet; sends and receives messages;
Executive Secretary Requirements and Qualifications
- BA Degree in Social Science and Management related field ,
- 5 years in secretarial work of which 2should be as a Senior Secretary
- excellent knowledge in the use of common word processing Software and satisfactory,
- knowledge of the English Language.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send their Application letter, CV and scanned documentations via email to email@example.com and within seven working days from the date of this announcement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use "Executive Secretary" as the subject line of your email!