|Location||Hawassa, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2019|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About LIYANA Health Care:
LIYANA HEALTH Care Plc. (LHC) is an integrated health care solutions company that provides high quality yet accessible and affordable specialized clinical services, import and distributes pharmaceuticals, and provides health consultancy service. Currently, LHC comprises seven divisions/business lines: Yanet Internal Medicine Specialized Center (YIMSC), Yanet Trauma and Surgical Specialized Center (YTSSC), Yanet Drugs and Medical Supplies Import (YDMSI), Yanet Drugs and Medical Supplies Wholes Sale (YDMSWS), Divine Touch Nursing Home, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Center (DTNHPCC), Yanet Community Pharmacy (YCP), and LHC Health Consultancy. Two more facilities, Yanet Dialysis Specialty Clinic (YDSC), and Hawassa Biomedical Engineering (HBME) shall also launch their services in the coming few months.
LHC is looking for professional Executive Secretary and Office Manager for its Head Quarter in Hawassa. Qualified applicants who satisfy the following minimum requirements are invited to apply for the position.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Secretary and Office Manager (ESOM) serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stake holders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. She/he offers administrative and office management support to the office of CEO and LHC Corporate Management Team. The ESOM must have strong written and verbal communication, and organizational skills, and must be creative and enjoy working within a mission and result driven entrepreneurial environment. She/he must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates an understanding of LHC’s mission and vision in performing all aspects of the duties and responsibilities of the position,
- Participates as an adjunct member of the senior management team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings,
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, and all staff meetings called by the head quarter,
- Manage an active calendar of appointments of the CEO; completing the CEO’s expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Plays "gatekeeper" role for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Organize and coordinate the CEO’s daily calendar—scheduling all appointments, coordinating logistics for speaking engagements and handling special event invitations on behalf of the CEO.
- Manage and arrange travel for CEO.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and LHC’s internal departments (Corporate and Divisions’ management)
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prepare, edit and complete first drafts for written communications and correspondences to internal and external stake holders as requested by the CEO.
- Receive and triage incoming written (electronic and otherwise) communications to appropriate staff and facilitate response or action by CEO as needed.
- Manage e-mails (receive, redirect, respond) addressed to the CEO and the company as appropriate; Filter e-mails that seek the attention of the CEO,
- Manage organizational communication, scheduling and logistics for key internal events such as corporate management meetings, staff meetings, receptions, and business lunches/dinners,
- Assist in answering the LHC’s main line and direct calls as needed to corporate staff.
- As appropriate, provide administrative support to other Corporate Management Personnel in terms of managing meeting logistics, making travel arrangements and coordinating schedules.
- Serve as the key point of contact for LHC’s head quarter office management and administration activities including maintenance, mailing, supplies, and office equipment acquisition and repair. HQs vehicle administration and fleet management.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of necessary office supplies; order supplies as needed to keep basic supplies stocked, and to fulfill special requests from staff.
- Oversee implementation of LHC HQ’s office operations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update office phone list, email distribution lists, and other similar systems.
- Maintain responsibility for general office upkeep and “look and feel.”
- Schedule and record minutes for Management Meetings;
- Organize, manage, post and circulate all committee meeting materials,
- Coordinates requests for information from internal and external stakeholders and provides a professional first point of contact for all enquiries.
- Manages complex and changing diaries, including scheduling, negotiating appointments and meetings and organizing associated and supporting documentation.
- Maintains systems for recording and storing information.
- Prepares correspondence and prepare briefing packs, reports and papers.
- Provide event support and planning, (including retreats, meetings, and staff events) including logistic planning and management.
- Perform all her duties with at most care, ethical standards, and high level professionalism as well as personal integrity.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of classified organizational information.
- Perform other duties as required by the CEO.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Office assistants,
- CEO, CSO, CASO, CCPOO, DCCPOO, CMLO, CFO, CTCO, LHC Division managers,
- First Degree/above in any of the following: Business Management/Management/ Pubic Administration/ Communication/ Sociology.
- Minimum four to five years of experience supporting executive level positions, preferably in a for-profit organization,
- Experience in internal and external communications, and nurturing partnership,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat,
- Conversant with online presence management (Web pages and Social Media).
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus, but not essential.
- Confident, well organized, and comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a high level of professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail,
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including staff,
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English language,
- Emotionally mature and intelligent,
- Capable of handling responsibilities independently,
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion,
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment,
Applicants are expected to bring their CV and academic credentials to HR department at LHC Head Quarter (Located in former South Spring Hotel, Hawassa) or use email:
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.