|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GITEC IGIP GmbH is managing a project entitled, “Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity in Priority Protected Areas in Ethiopia”. This project is funded through the German Development Bank, KfW, and the client is the Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Authority.
Background Specification and Required Experience for the Position:
Must be a graduate in, Economics or Business Management and Administration. Ideally should have a Masters degree. Should have at least ten years of work experience in a related field including project procurement and donor procurement management with a preference for those with experience in international procurement and tendering. Candidates with direct KfW or World Bank related experience are encouraged to apply.
Specific experience is required in:
- Fully conversant with Government of Ethiopia procurement regulations and if possible with KfW/WB procurement guidelines;
- Preparation of procurement documents for client/donor review;
- Tender preparation including all stages of the process; advertisements, scheduling, screening, communication of results to bidders;
- Contract negotiation and contract paperwork preparation to winning bidders;
- Writing summary reports in English and /or Amharic of high quality for both the client/donor;
- Development of project level procurement guidelines, monitoring, quality control, and assessing physical construction of infrastructure projects prior to final handover;
- Asset register and asset management and monitoring.
Must be able to meet work deadlines and contribute to a set of wider team objectives. Should have good people skills and ideally have experience in working within both the government and with development partners.
Application Deadline: 13th November 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and GITEC reserves the right to make no appointment. Within 10 days of the advert closing, there will be a call for interviews. It is expected that these will commence from 20th November 2019 onwards.
Duty station: The expert will be based in the office of the Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Authority, Addis Ababa, with some travel to project areas.
Duration of Contract: A maximum of 12 months
The successful candidate will be offered a locally competitive salary which will include medical cover, a transport allowance and group/accident insurance. A mandatory probation period of 45 days is a condition of employment.
Applicants may apply by e-mail ONLY addressed to: email@example.com Applicants must provide:
- Covering letter, Maximum 1 page, summarizing relevant experience and availability
- Curriculum Vitae, Maximum 3 pages
- At least three references with email and telephone contact details.
GITEC-IGIP GmbH offers equal opportunities to all, but female candidates are especially encouraged to apply